Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Jets have added a lot of talent in last two years.

5 first round picks in 2 years will do that.    Even if QB didn't hit.  

Bears are gaining two 3rds and Pittman in his FA year with that deal.   Not world changing.  

Bears have largest cap space in TCMD. That is why they are on right track.

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Pittman is a good player, but this sets up where all your starting WRs:  Pittman, Claypool and Mooney all hit FA at same time and immediately following next season (without extensions now).  

I'd rather have held out for more picks or even traded lower in draft.  Bears could sign them all now, but it wouldn't be a good balance of resources going forward.  

Better to have a rookie in mix with two vets.   

I like Pittman as well but I agree they could've gotten more. The Claypool trade looked pretty meh but we'll see what happens. Either way though the Bears would have 3 guys that are better suited to be #2/3 options and are still lacking a true #1 WR.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I like Pittman as well but I agree they could've gotten more. The Claypool trade looked pretty meh but we'll see what happens. Either way though the Bears would have 3 guys that are better suited to be #2/3 options and are still lacking a true #1 WR.

Few Bears fans like the Claypool trade.   I think Claypool can show a little more with a full offseason and not coming in cold.   And not being only WR with any talent on field (Mooney was hurt).   Not playing with a QB who is running for his life every straight drop back.    But it still wasn't a good trade.  

Bears higher priority right now is going to be fixing OL and DL.    

Just now, dll2000 said:

Few Bears fans like the Claypool trade.   I think Claypool can show a little more with a full offseason and not coming in cold.   And not being only WR with any talent on field (Mooney was hurt).   Not playing with a QB who is running for his life every straight drop back.    But it still wasn't a good trade.  

Bears higher priority right now is going to be fixing OL and DL.    

Hence, Bears have positioned themselves well. lol.  Taking either with #1 is a bad idea this year.

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Claypool trade looked pretty meh but we'll see what happens. Either way though the Bears would have 3 guys that are better suited to be #2/3 options and are still lacking a true #1 WR.

While I don't think you're wrong here, I think the truly creative OC's can take four #2/3 guys and create a quality offense, especially if they start with the ground game. But it certainly doesn't hurt having an elite #1 to scare defenses.

3 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

While I don't think you're wrong here, I think the truly creative OC's can take four #2/3 guys and create a quality offense, especially if they start with the ground game. But it certainly doesn't hurt having an elite #1 to scare defenses.

Having an elite #1 helps a young QB tremendously, we've seen it with Hurts/Brown, Allen/Diggs, Tua/Tyreek, etc. 

You don't need one to have a good offense but it definitely helps a lot when you have a young, developing QB.

Edited by NYRaider