Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Round 1 Free Agent Bidding

• Deadline to have contracts created - Monday, Feb. 20th @ 8pm

• FA Bidding Results - Monday, Feb. 20th @ 11pm

Sorry Mike, my first time in the TCMD. I think I can figure out how to build the contracts. But remind me rules; I'm allowed 5 contract offers at one time? And can never exceed salary cap among all offers?

Do I understand both those correctly?

Are their rules in the first round about APY salary floors or things of that nature? 

@ny92mike

Gonna take a break for a minute.  

Will update the league office and trades later tonight.  I need to make some moves with the Giants.

Also, I'll delete the the base salary difference requirement for the extensions.  However, we will need to discuss a better option going forward.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

It's really a pain of a process to build and it really never gets used.  I'd be down to discuss removing it for next year, but it would require changing things.

Personally I wouldn't remove the option to bid on RFA players. I've seen it happen bofore. 

3 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Sorry Mike, my first time in the TCMD. I think I can figure out how to build the contracts. But remind me rules; I'm allowed 5 contract offers at one time? And can never exceed salary cap among all offers?

Are their rules in the first round about APY salary floors or things of that nature? 

@ny92mike

Sweet, I am not the only newb asking questions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

@ny92mike

yeah so you have the reserve contracts that are like back pocket bids that only come into play if another team is making an offer on them.  Otherwise they remain a UFA until these restrictions are removed later in the mock.

Then you have the UFA/ Resign bids 4 ufa or resign you decide by changing it in the workbook and the one fixed resign bid (last one).  

reserve isn't calculated into the cap but the ufa/resign bids are counted and you must not go over the cap or your bids are declined.  Basically, you have to have the cap if you land them.

6 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Y'all are talking about RFAs, right?  Somebody typed UFA and I am thrown now.... lol

I remember somebody signing a RFA once... I think (that's in 4 or 5 years of doing this IIRC)

Someone signed Pringle to like 8-9 Mil APY in RFA last year and f’d my plans up from the get go. 

Edited by RedGold

I've seen a few players with more than 1 entry in the database. Here are a couple on the Bengals.

2013 - Owen Carney - EDGE

2014 - Owen Carney Jr. - EDGE

1930 - Nate Gilliam - RG
1938 - Nathan Gilliam - RG

We might as well clean them out. Also there are some players with weird cap numbers well below vet minimum. I think those are their actual payouts from 2022 when they were only on the roster for a few games. 

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I've seen a few players with more than 1 entry in the database. Here are a couple on the Bengals.

2013 - Owen Carney - EDGE

2014 - Owen Carney Jr. - EDGE

1930 - Nate Gilliam - RG
1938 - Nathan Gilliam - RG

We might as well clean them out. Also there are some players with weird cap numbers well below vet minimum. I think those are their actual payouts from 2022 when they were only on the roster for a few games. 

Give me a bit and I'll remove those.  It's the different spellings that I missed.

I noticed the numbers were off for erfa guys and I'm correcting them as I go.