Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Don't think the serious #2 question was ever answered. Also #1 for amusement. 

One new question though. So my own FA's, hypothetically if I reserve bid the minimum Adj. Required APY, and another team bids the same amount, do I win the bid as the incumbent? 

Net value will make it winnable.   Earlier money, better chance. I think

Edited by JetsandI

9 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

One new question though. So my own FA's, hypothetically if I reserve bid the minimum Adj. Required APY, and another team bids the same amount, do I win the bid as the incumbent? 

It’s based off the Adjusted Contract Offer in Column A.     Whoever has the highest wins in that formula.      SB amount,  earlier high base salaries will move that up.  You get a 6% resign bump in that formula.   So if the years, salary and signing bonus is the same,  the 6% bump for resigning would make your Adjust Contract Value higher. 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Were you providing any solutions at the time or just saying how stupid it was?  If so, sorry I missed it.

I do the best I can with the time I have.  

Yes I said you needed to remove the difference prorated base salary from being spread out over the extensions. Literally the thing you just removed.  And I had like 5 people telling me to shut up.

11 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:
16 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Last two questions @ny92mike

1) Not trying to pick on anyone, but can Tampa really have $33M in available cap after starting -$55Mill ?? Mostly joking, but I try to stay realistic on these things. Which always bites me in free agency because somehow I have teams who start $20M + behind me outbidding me for talent. I'm sure a Brady retirement helped, but damn! I had the same thing cross my mind when NWO RFA tagged Juwan Johnson. Like how y'all got $2.5 M available? LoL

I'm handling them on another site in a similar exercise and had to choose between an ERFA tag for Throckmorton and RFA tender for Juwan. So Juwan is leaving. Also Jake Luton is my starting QB pre-draft over there. Rules slightly different, but point remains. 

2) Question 2, for first round of FA bids, it doesn't matter how low the bid is, just that I'm meeting the "Adjusted Required APY" in the Free Agency workbook, correct?

3 - One new question though. So my own FA's, hypothetically if I reserve bid the minimum Adj. Required APY, and another team bids the same amount, do I win the bid as the incumbent? 

#1 - Probably should of held off on making some adjustments to their cap until later, I just kept hearing that they'll never get out of the red so I jumped the gun a bit.  That's on me.

#2 - As long as the contract passes validation and that you aren't in the red with your cap.  It won't show pass validation if you aren't offering at least the min contract demands.  You say "Adjusted Required APY" not sure which cell reference you are referring to as there but I'm thinking you might be looking at the "Adj. Contract Offer Amount" cell F25.  This adjusted value weighs the contract structure and creates its value that I use to determine the highest bid.  The "contract structure validation requirements are based on the players contract demands and that the contract you make meets these requirements:  

Contract Validation Criteria
Valid Contract Type PASS
Required Contract Length PASS
Vet. Min Per year PASS
Subsequent Yr % Rate PASS
Average Per Year (APY) PASS
Signing Bonus Amount PASS

I'm happy to look at your contracts and tell you if I see anything that would prevent it from working.

#3 - You get a 6% adjustment to the Adj. Contract Offer Amount that acts as like "a hometown discount".  

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes I said you needed to remove the difference prorated base salary from being spread out over the extensions. Literally the thing you just removed.  And I had like 5 people telling me to shut up.

Well it's removed now.  Still believe we need to discuss this after the mock is over.  If there are base guarantees there should be a process to make sure the player is given this money.  Removing it doesn't really resolve the issue but just throws a patch on it for the time being.

19 minutes ago, RedGold said:

It’s based off the Adjusted Contract Offer in Column A.     Whoever has the highest wins in that formula.      SB amount,  earlier high base salaries will move that up.  You get a 6% resign bump in that formula.   So if the years, salary and signing bonus is the same,  the 6% bump for resigning would make your Adjust Contract Value higher. 

Thank you.  I'm the worst at trying to explain things.

29 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

#1 - Probably should of held off on making some adjustments to their cap until later, I just kept hearing that they'll never get out of the red so I jumped the gun a bit.  That's on me.

#2 - As long as the contract passes validation and that you aren't in the red with your cap.  It won't show pass validation if you aren't offering at least the min contract demands.  You say "Adjusted Required APY" not sure which cell reference you are referring to as there but I'm thinking you might be looking at the "Adj. Contract Offer Amount" cell F25.  This adjusted value weighs the contract structure and creates its value that I use to determine the highest bid.  The "contract structure validation requirements are based on the players contract demands and that the contract you make meets these requirements:  

Contract Validation Criteria
Valid Contract Type PASS
Required Contract Length PASS
Vet. Min Per year PASS
Subsequent Yr % Rate PASS
Average Per Year (APY) PASS
Signing Bonus Amount PASS

I'm happy to look at your contracts and tell you if I see anything that would prevent it from working.

#3 - You get a 6% adjustment to the Adj. Contract Offer Amount that acts as like "a hometown discount".  

Hope this helps.

Where can I see everyone’s cap? Is this viewable? How many teams are still in red?

59 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Well it's removed now.  Still believe we need to discuss this after the mock is over.  If there are base guarantees there should be a process to make sure the player is given this money.  Removing it doesn't really resolve the issue but just throws a patch on it for the time being.

Basing on your strong APY, new contract extension is easily upgraded to remaining gtd.

Now, what is going on with traded player's contract extension?  Limit one year!

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Basing on your strong APY, new contract extension is easily upgraded to remaining gtd.

Now, what is going on with traded player's contract extension?  Limit one year!

It's getting fixed keep your shirt on.

I think next year we just do away with extensions.