Divisional Round GDT: Cowboys @ 49ers - Keep it Rolling

D82

2 minutes ago, quiller said:

I don't think we "outplayed" them.. but we weren't "outplayed" either.  I think it was even.. difference Dak gave them 3 ...  Maher took away a point then Dak cost us 3...   

Score should be 10-6 Dallas based on how the teams played...  

This. Then a nice opening drive ending in 7 makes it a 2 score game.

Any REAL coaching staff and QB would get it and do everything to make it happen.

But not us.

5 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

No major errors from the staff so far. Dak made two big mistakes. He also had a huge scramble that drained out the clock and forced them to only play for a FG on the ensuing. Dak and Maher don't have it today. Dak obviously has to figure it out with no kicking game in his back pocket. He has to make plays.

The coaches sticking with Maher and not having a backup has had a huge impact and cost hurt the team twice. The first time was the missed extra point and the second time was them going for it on 4th down. Dak got the 1st, but Pollard was injured immediately after.

Coaching malpractice.

12 minutes ago, chumpy said:

exactly cuz the DAK lovers will blame someone else.  Let's hear the excuses on 3,2,1....

I call it how I see it through my experience on the sideline and on the field -

The second turnover was a terrible decision to throw that football. It was the third time that route was run by the same player, albeit from the opposite side of the field. It worked twice. Against a good D, it isn't going to work a third time -- at the very least not a third time in such a short time frame. The play should never have been called, the ball never should have been thrown. Take the sack and fight the next down. You don't risk a turnover in that situation.

That said, same as with Romo for a decade a half decade ago, there is always more at play than what a stat sheet says. And to ignore the Xs and Os going into every single play on on both sides of the ball is ignoring a huge portion of what makes this sport so great. and I feel a lot of highlight reel watchers and stat sheet memorizers ignore the contributing factors. 

Which is why the game isn't played on paper.

Second turnover, poor throw, poor decision, poor playcall. That doesn't make it OK to ignore everything else going on because of it. Fanbases like ours would have hated Peyton Manning or Dan Marino or Joe Montana. Doesn't matter how good the QB plays. All that ever matters to fan bases like this is the one bad play in a sea of good ones. Romo, or now Dak, can throw for 500 yards and 4 TDs, and all anyone would care about is the 1 INT thrown. And completely ignore the D surrendered 600 yards and 6 scores.

Thank God fans don't make on field decisions. That's all I have to say.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

High ankle sprain fAr better than a break!!

Not all the time. Sometimes a clean break, it can take 4 weeks or so to fully heal up, but has fewer lingering effects than a high sprain. And sometimes a high sprain can take just as long to come back from and still leave lingering pain.

Depends on the severity

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I call it how I see it through my experience on the sideline and on the field -

The second turnover was a terrible decision to throw that football. It was the third time that route was run by the same player, albeit from the opposite side of the field. It worked twice. Against a good D, it isn't going to work a third time -- at the very least not a third time in such a short time frame. The play should never have been called, the ball never should have been thrown. Take the sack and fight the next down. You don't risk a turnover in that situation.

That said, same as with Romo for a decade a half decade ago, there is always more at play than what a stat sheet says. And to ignore the Xs and Os going into every single play on on both sides of the ball is ignoring a huge portion of what makes this sport so great. and I feel a lot of highlight reel watchers and stat sheet memorizers ignore the contributing factors. 

Which is why the game isn't played on paper.

Second turnover, poor throw, poor decision, poor playcall. That doesn't make it OK to ignore everything else going on because of it. Fanbases like ours would have hated Peyton Manning or Dan Marino or Joe Montana. Doesn't matter how good the QB plays. All that ever matters to fan bases like this is the one bad play in a sea of good ones. Romo, or now Dak, can throw for 500 yards and 4 TDs, and all anyone would care about is the 1 INT thrown. And completely ignore the D surrendered 600 yards and 6 scores.

Thank God fans don't make on field decisions. That's all I have to say.

How about the OC not calling a spread pass play with Zeke on field? The 2 min. warning had passed, so all they had to do is burn the 49ers timeouts and go into halftime tied or in the lead?

Not to mention they got the ball back at halftime.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

The coaches sticking with Maher and not having a backup has had a huge impact and cost hurt the team twice. The first time was the missed extra point and the second time was them going for it on 4th down. Dak got the 1st, but Pollard was injured immediately after.

Coaching malpractice.

Nah, can't waste a roster spot on two kickers in these matchups. It's just a bad matchup for us. Either of these teams. It's not a championship roster. It's similar to a Ravens 12' roster that had the worst roster and still won it. Those WC teams that have made runs in the last twenty years are all better than this team.