Grading the Positions

onejayhawk

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

CB is the one position group that basically everyone has vastly different rankings for right now.

All depends on the scheme a team drafts for.  Example, the Steelers rarely/never play press man.  Cbs like Joey Porter and Kyu Kelly, who are good in press man but kind of crappy in zone coverage ( or off man) get ranked lower.  Drafting someone like Porter high for the Steelers would run the risk that he stays bad at playing zone and thus waste the pick.  This class is so deep that it does not take much to find one that has film of playing well in a teams system.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, Daniel said:

RB - B+  There are a lot of second tier quality guys in this class, two standouts, and great depth

Forgive my prying, but who is your #2? I've seen a few opinions on the subject.

I really do like a lot of the mid tier guys though. Especially because I don't have much for top 6 capital in dynasty leagues I like how this one is shaking out.

On 1/21/2023 at 6:58 AM, onejayhawk said:

I am getting that this is a blue collar draft but not lacking in star power. Prime defensive positions like Edge and CB stand out but also grunt jobs like IOL and TE. 

How can IDL be that bad? Bryan Bresee, Mazi Smith, and Siaki Ika looked solid even before Jalen Carter jumped in. There are also a bunch of tweeners like Kancey and attack dogs like Brooks and Newton. To me, this looks a good draft for the animals.

Didn't Newton return to school? May have to double check that one.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How would you rank the CB class at the top?

Very good, but there aren’t any elite prospects in the mold of a Sauce/Stingley. There is a plethora of good CB1’s/Elite CB2’s in the class all the way through the 4th round.

My top CB (Gonzales) is probably gonna go in the middle of R1, IMO. 

3 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Forgive my prying, but who is your #2? I've seen a few opinions on the subject.

I really do like a lot of the mid tier guys though. Especially because I don't have much for top 6 capital in dynasty leagues I like how this one is shaking out.

Chris Rodriguez is the other.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Chris Rodriguez is the other.

Interesting. I’ve seen some Zach Evans/Charbonnet nods. Maybe even Gibbs. Might be the first Rodriguez RB2 I’ve seen.

Interesting sidenote; I was just watching some Christian Gonzalez tape today vs Kentucky and C.Rod was bullying that defense. Intriguing sleeper there

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

Interesting. I’ve seen some Zach Evans/Charbonnet nods. Maybe even Gibbs. Might be the first Rodriguez RB2 I’ve seen.

Interesting sidenote; I was just watching some Christian Gonzalez tape today vs Kentucky and C.Rod was bullying that defense. Intriguing sleeper there

Yeah, he made that offense go. He’s big, and he’s a bell cow, but he’s not slow, and he can catch, even if he’s not great as a receiver. For all the people blaming Kentucky’s OL for Levis’s struggles, I don’t see very many people praising Rodriguez for 200 yard rushing games against SEC teams behind that same OL.

He’ll be a 1000 yard back.

Charbonnet was I think my number 3. Brings a lot of catch ability.

• 3 weeks later...