2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, I have no doubt that they like Darnold. 

But trade Lance and he's quite literally the only QB that we have lol. I think this becomes more feasible if we sign more QBs in the coming weeks before the draft. We sign someone like Teddy B between now and the draft, I'd keep an eye on a possible trade. 

I'd imagine that they'd trade Lance before they pursue a vet like Teddy just so they don't tip their hand. Honestly though considering Purdy's health and all of the injuries they've had at QB, unless they're getting a really nice haul back, what's the upside of trading Lance?

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'd imagine that they'd trade Lance before they pursue a vet like Teddy just so they don't tip their hand. Honestly though considering Purdy's health and all of the injuries they've had at QB, unless they're getting a really nice haul back, what's the upside of trading Lance?

I think that they would have a trade agreed to or very close to it, but maybe just not publicly announced. I feel we'd get the public announcement or transaction come through the wire of the signing before we get the trade announcement. 

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Having Lance waiting in the wings as a top 25 backup qb has value. 

Sure but if he's the QB3, doesn't play a snap, and only has one of 4 years left on his rookie deal, how much value does he have around this time next year?

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

Sure but if he's the QB3, doesn't play a snap, and only has one of 4 years left on his rookie deal, how much value does he have around this time next year?

Then you let him walk and get another 3rd round comp. 

Tbh though it’s been such a joy watching Lance and Wilson bust after those teams decided Fields was inferior. It’s almost like how chiefs fans felt I’m sure, even though JF1 isn’t a totally proven commodity yet. 

20 minutes ago, adamq said:

He's going into year 3 so he'll only have 1 year left on his deal next offseason. How much value does he have coming off of a broken ankle when it looks like SF is also ready to roll with another QB?

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's going into year 3 so he'll only have 1 year left on his deal next offseason. How much value does he have coming off of a broken ankle when it looks like SF is also ready to roll with another QB?

Who knows, man. But if there's a team who wants him now, then they should do it. I like Lance and would like to see him succeed, but I just don't see it happening in SF any more. Purdy is the Purfect QB for Kyle & proved it last year. Almost nothing super positive comes out of the organization about Lance, so I think Darnold will beat him out for the QB2 job anyway.. so just take what you can yet. If there is anything to get.

I should say I am speaking relatively here to what they gave up... I wouldn't do it for anything less than a FRP or picks adding up to that

Edited by adamq

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

Who knows, man. But if there's a team who wants him now, then they should do it. I like Lance and would like to see him succeed, but I just don't see it happening in SF any more. Purdy is the Purfect QB for Kyle & proved it last year. Almost nothing super positive comes out of the organization about Lance, so I think Darnold will beat him out for the QB2 job anyway.. so just take what you can yet. If there is anything to get.

I should say I am speaking relatively here to what they gave up... I wouldn't do it for anything less than a FRP or picks adding up to that

I'm not sure they'd receive enough value to justify trading him at this point coming off of the injury. As we've seen with Jimmy, Lance, and Purdy getting hurt anything can happen, I think it's too early to write him off. And Purdy did play well last year but wasn't the whole reason behind drafting Lance because his physical tools could open up the playbook? If he can't beat Darnold out, yikes, and do you think anyone is giving up a FRP or equivalent for a QB coming off of a broken ankle that couldn't beat out Darnold?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

“When Zach Wilson is alone in a room, he’s the second best quarterback in that room”

Tough beat for the second and third overall picks in the draft from 2 years ago. One guy is the second best QB in a room he's alone in and the other guy lost his job to a man without a working throwing elbow. 

Those picks probably could have been better. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

They can’t explore a plan B, lol.

Green Bay explored Plan B and now instead of retiring, there’s a media circus, “the decision” from Rodgers, publicly saying you want to play for a specific team, negotiations, and cap ramifications. Rodgers is too sensitive for any team involved to explore other options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Tough beat for the second and third overall picks in the draft from 2 years ago. One guy is the second best QB in a room he's alone in and the other guy lost his job to a man without a working throwing elbow. 

Those picks probably could have been better. 

Fields looks like a RB and Mac might get beat out by Zappe. The only one that looks like a home run is TLaw. 

At least with Lance there's still some hope because he has had weird circumstances. Wilson just sucks.