2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure they'd receive enough value to justify trading him at this point coming off of the injury. As we've seen with Jimmy, Lance, and Purdy getting hurt anything can happen, I think it's too early to write him off. And Purdy did play well last year but wasn't the whole reason behind drafting Lance because his physical tools could open up the playbook? If he can't beat Darnold out, yikes, and do you think anyone is giving up a FRP or equivalent for a QB coming off of a broken ankle that couldn't beat out Darnold?

Yep, this is big. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if Purdy were healthy, you could move him for a third just to get out of the Trey Lance business and that would be that. 

Now you kind of have to keep him just in case, even if you do like Darnold. 

If you can talk Indy into somehow giving up pick 35, I think that this becomes a conversation. Pick 99 + Lance for Pick 35 may be something more interesting. Ballard loved Lance (he gave him the blue card designation or whatever), and there's a very real shot that even with the 4th pick in the draft, they may only get the 4th best QB in the draft. At that point, maybe it behooves them to take someone like Will Anderson at 4 and make a move on Lance (who I believe is actually younger than Levis, if he were the option at 4). 

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

anyone is giving up a FRP or equivalent for a QB coming off of a broken ankle that couldn't beat out Darnold?

No, which is why I would prefer him to be traded before the draft rather than next year

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tough beat for the second and third overall picks in the draft from 2 years ago. One guy is the second best QB in a room he's alone in and the other guy lost his job to a man without a working throwing elbow. 

Those picks probably could have been better. 

Green Bay Packers Mustache GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tough beat for the second and third overall picks in the draft from 2 years ago. One guy is the second best QB in a room he's alone in and the other guy lost his job to a man without a working throwing elbow. 

Those picks probably could have been better. 

Luckily one of those teams didn't sell the farm to move up.