Cousins value and the next wave of big contracts

Dome

Lavar wanted me to post Advanced Kirk Cousins stats that have been developed over the last few years, so here goes:

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/week-6-redskins-vs-49ers-preview-prove-it-opportunity-new-look-washington?utm_content=buffer2b717&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

@TandlerNBCD

An “I did not know that” stat from @JPFinlayNBCS post. Only 2 QBs have higher career compl % than KC w/> 1500

Last year 37.1% of Cousins’ passes went for first downs. This year it’s 37.5%.

https://twitter.com/BigPhibbn/status/937041623300673537 

Cumulative QB Rating From 2015-17:

1. Tom Brady (108)
2. Drew Brees (102)
3. Matt Ryan (101)
4. Kirk Cousins (99.4)
5. Aaron Rodgers (99.3)
6. Russell Wilson (99.2)

ok, and my personal take is that Cousins has produced the same this year without DJax & Garcon, with his new WRs dropping an alarming amount of passes or fumbling - except Ryan Grant - and with the entire starting OL being injured, Jordan Reed playing with a broken tie all year and missing the last 6 games with a pulled hamstring and now with Chris Thompson being out with a broken leg the last few games & the rest of the season.

Cousins was one of the top in the nfl in air yards when Djax was here. He’s one of the league leaders in completions over 20 yards and he’s on pace for a

68%, 4,400 yard, 29 or 30 TD season with a 7.5 avg per completion, just 10 or 11 ints and a few of those were drops/tips like Crowders drop vs the Cowboys. 

Cousins has a 99.6 rating this year with one of the worst Wr cores in the NFL & Reed being hurt all year with a broken toe and Reed missing  the last 6 games with a hamstring pull. 

If the skins don’t make him one of - if not the - highest paid players in the nfl they’re really dumb, worse than the Browns franchise. Bruce Allen already totally botched the situation by not giving him a deal after 2015 that paid him $40 to $50 million a guaranteed and on avg $20 million a year.

Talk about a team president having no vision and not seeing the forest for the trees, that epitomizes Bruce Allen. To not keep Kirk would be the dumbest move or non move in team history; worse than trading up for Desmond Howard and RG3, passing on JJWatt, trading for Sean Gilbert and Donavan McNabb and overpaying for Dana Stubbifeld & Albert Haynesworth.

Not re-signing Cousins would be the worst decision the Redskins had made in 45 years. 

9 hours ago, paul-mac said:

No, no they couldn't. The Browns aren't going to give away the first overall pick and another top 10 pick and pay him a massive contract. What they'll do is pick they're favourite QB (Rosen?) at #1 overall and use the Texans pick and all their salary cap room to build a solid roster around the QB.

I am not saying they are i am just saying they could

On 12/8/2017 at 10:20 AM, GreenMean69 said:

It seems Skins fans are happy with mediocrity ...  I have seen all off season on chat boards celebrating back to back winning seasons . Most fans would not call 7-8-1 a winning season .. even worse since they won the division year before .  Even if 2015 was partly like and everything becoming a perfect storm .  Kirk seems to mess up mentally at the worst time it seems. Even Kirk is excited about being average.  Like I said his  "YOU LIKE THAT" game was against a horrid 6-10 Bucs team ... Why not celebrate beating the browns next.

Like Kneeling instead of spiking ball . Not knowing about runoff rules and that the clock starts when ball is placed.  Throwing Picks  / Pick. 6's at bad times .  Fumbles .... Taking sacks while having plenty of time in pocket  " Pocket awarness".   Its not stuff you want to see from a QB that wants to be the highest bad QB in the NFL. 

Now this is not Kirks fault at all , no one is right mind can blame him.  Its all on Danny Snyder  and Bruce " Wishes he was his Dad" Allen . But over paying for Kirk  will not help this team improve ... 8-10 Million will get  a good WR or  top flight at a couple postions  liek a Bell Cow RB . 

Skins are mediocre because Pryor was a bust, Crowder had a hurt hamstring the first 1/2 of the year; their defense and OL fell apart because of injuries and Jordan Reed has the a broken toe and he pulled his hamstring and has missed 6 games. 

We’ve gone toe to toe with the best teams in the nfl - including your eagles, only lost because of a few plays - and we beat the Rams and Seahawks on the road.

• 4 months later...

Archived