Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

7 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't recall those being playoff games.

Your just like Jay, support your guy no matter what. It's cool though. When the Vikings don't make the playoffs for the second year in a row after signing the 84 million dollar guy all will be good once again in my mind. He was never worth that money!!!

Were you alive in 2016? Did you watch the 2016 Redskins home playoff game vs the Packers?

We were beating the Packers in the 2015-16 playoff game in the first quarter after Preston Smith had a strip-sack and safety of Rodgers in the first quarter. And beating them until just before the 1st half was over bc our defense gave up 17 pts in the 2nd quarter.

After the PSmith strip sack, DJax caught a TD pass from Cousins to go up 11-0 but the Packers challenged it. They reversed Djax’s TD bc he lazily tried to score he didn't dive in it make sure he put the ball across the plane of the endzone. Then, we tried to run it in with Morris and couldn't score from the 6-inch line. Then, he was incomplete to Garcon.

And so, Hopkins had a FG and we were up 5-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Then in the 2nd quarter, Cousins threw a TD pass to Reed. 

We were up 11-0. Hopkins missed the effin extra point.

Was that Kirk Cousins’ fault?

Then, the Packers scored on our awful defense with 9 minutes left in the half to make it 11-7.

New drive Kirk was sacked and fumbled, the Packers got a field goal off the turnover to make it 11-10.

Then, the Packers scored again on our crappy D right before halftime to go up 17-11. Our D gave up 17 points in the 2nd quarter.

First drive of the the 3rd quarter, Cousins drove us down and scored on a 3 yard Qb keeper and we were up 18-17.

The rest of the game though our O didn't score and our crappy D gave up two more TDs and a FG.

The Packers won 35-18.

Edited by turtle28

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Were you alive in 2016? Did you watch the 2016 Redskins home playoff game vs the Packers?

We were beating the Packers in the 2015-16 playoff game in the first quarter after Preston Smith had a strip-sack and safety of Rodgers in the first quarter. And beating them until just before the 1st half was over bc our defense gave up 17 pts in the 2nd quarter.

After the PSmith strip sack, DJax caught a TD pass from Cousins to go up 11-0 but the Packers challenged it. They reversed Djax’s TD bc he lazily tried to score he didn't dive in it make sure he put the ball across the plane of the endzone. Then, we tried to run it in with Morris and couldn't score from the 6-inch line. Then, he was incomplete to Garcon.

And so, Hopkins had a FG and we were up 5-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.

Then in the 2nd quarter, Cousins threw a TD pass to Reed. 

We were up 11-0. Hopkins missed the effin extra point.

Was that Kirk Cousins’ fault?

Then, the Packers scored on our awful defense with 9 minutes left in the half to make it 11-7.

New drive Kirk was sacked and fumbled, the Packers got a field goal off the turnover to make it 11-10.

Then, the Packers scored again on our crappy D right before halftime to go up 17-11. Our D gave up 17 points in the 2nd quarter.

First drive of the the 3rd quarter, Cousins drove us down and scored on a 3 yard Qb keeper and we were up 18-17.

The rest of the game though our O didn't score and our crappy D gave up two more TDs and a FG.

The Packers won 35-18.

What does that have to do with Cousins getting 84 million guaranteed? More than any QB in the history of the NFL I believe. 

Did Tom Brady not lead his troops back down to the Falcons in the Superbowl? Yes!

Cousins can't hold alot of these QBs jockstap that his making more or right there with.

Edited by Skins212689

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What does that have to do with Cousins getting 84 million guaranteed? More than any QB in the history of the NFL I believe. 

It doesn’t, it has to do with you acting like Kirk didn’t play well in the playoffs vs Packers playoff game when he was the QB.

That was a false statement. We were winning that game until the defense lost the lead. And we should have been up 9 nothing at the end of the 1st and 16-0 before the Packers scored on our D after that.

Also, in the 3rd quarters Kirk brought us back to take the lead 18-17 and then the defense lost the lead again.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It doesn’t, it has to do with you acting like Kirk didn’t play well in the playoffs vs Packers playoff game when he was the QB.

That was a false statement. We were winning that game until the defense lost the lead. And we should have been up 9 nothing at the end of the 1st and 16-0 before the Packers scored on our D after that.

Also, in the 3rd quarters Kirk brought us back to take the lead 18-17 and then the defense lost the lead again.

From the get go my point has been about the 84 million. You made it something else. 

The Patriots team wasn't playing well in the SuoerBowl but Brady lead them back at the end of the day. You can never put that in a Kirk Cousins discussion accept his game "You Like That" game. 

You consistently ignore that and change the subject. 

Edited by Skins212689

16 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

From the get go my point has been about the 84 million. You made it something else. 

The Patriots team wasn't playing well in the SuoerBowl but Brady lead them back at the end of the day. You can never put that in a Kirk Cousins discussion accept his game "You Like That" game. 

You consistently ignore that and change the subject. 

I think it’s been proven he earned the $84 million contract. Now, so far this year he hasn’t lived up to that contract, but last year he made $24 million and threw for 4300 yards, 30 TDs and had just 10 ints.

If the Vikings had a better running game and D to support the passing game, they would have been a playoff team too.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s been proven he earned the $84 million contract. Now, so far this year he hasn’t lived up to that contract, but last year he made $24 million and three for 4300 yards, 30 TDs and only 10 ints.

If they had a better running game and D to support the passing game, they would have been a playoff team too.

I agree to disagree he earned 84 million guranteed. 

16 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I agree to disagree he earned 84 million guranteed. 

He did earn it, he earned it from 2015-2017. You do understand that you earn your next contract in sports-based off of what you did the previous few years and with the understanding that you'll be the same player in the new team, correct?

As I've said, multiple teams wanted to trade for him - Brice wouldn't trade him inn2016 or 17 - multiple teams wanted to sign him, even Bruce/Dan offered him a contract that would have made him one of the highest paid Qbs in the NFL in July of 2017, but not the highest and he turned it down for the Vikings guaranteed 3 year contract. That was a huge gamble!

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

@turtle28 How much credit do you give Sean McVay for Cousins play. Just thought about that. This is the guy who has made Goff actually look like a a decent 1st overall pick. He's playing at a MUCH higher level under Mcvay than he was with Fisher. 

I give Cousins the most credit bc he’s the one who actually put in the work and became good, not the coaches.

I’d say 50% goes to Jay and 50 goes to Sean. It was a collective effort.

Just so your wondering, Jay & Sean have made a handful of QBs look good to great but, they couldn’t do that with Griffin, but I’m sure that’s someone else’s fault and not Griffin’s even though after his rookie season he became uncoachable until he couldn’t get a job in the league...

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I give Cousins the most credit bc he’s the one who actually put in the work and became good, not the coaches.

I’d say 50% goes to Jay and 50 goes to Sean. It was a collective effort.

Just so your wondering, Jay & Sean have made a handful of QBs look good to great but, they couldn’t do that with Griffin, but I’m sure that’s someone else’s fault and not Griffin’s even though after his rookie season he became uncoachable until he couldn’t get a job in the league...

McVay made a whole team look great. Guess you forgot they just were in the SuperBowl. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

McVay made a whole team look great. Guess you forgot they just were in the SuperBowl. 

It wasn't just McVay. Phillips made their D a lot better, McVay improved the offense as young players developed like Goff, Everett and Gurley, and their GM Snead shopped for the groceries.

Gruden’s greatest mistake as HC was  hiring Joe barry over Wade Phillips in 2015 bc he was younger and had more energy...

Our biggest issue continues to be that Allen has final say on what groceries we acquire.

I mean you do understand that Gruden helped develop McVay as a coach right? McVay was Gruden’s OC from 2014-16.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It wasn't just McVay. Phillips made their D a lot better, McVay improved the offense as young players developed like Goff, Everett and Gurley, and their GM Snead shopped for the groceries.

Gruden’s greatest mistake as HC was  hiring Joe barry over Wade Phillips in 2015 bc he was younger and had more energy...

Our biggest issue continues to be that Allen has final say on what groceries we acquire.

I mean you do understand that Gruden helped develop McVay as a coach right? McVay was Gruden’s OC from 2014-16.

You really love you some Jay Gruden.