Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It's a fourth round pick dude. It's not really that big of a deal for one of the leagues better, young RBs. 

Have you watched him play?  He's nothing special.  I have a buddy who's a Dolphins fan so I watch quite a few of their games.  I wouldn't trade a 4th for him, but that's me.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Have you watched him play?  He's nothing special.  I have a buddy who's a Dolphins fan so I watch quite a few of their games.  I wouldn't trade a 4th for him, but that's me.

I got to see a lot of him last year and he seemed pretty good. I'll admit I haven't seen much of him this year but I guess it doesn't matter. Jay wouldn't use him anyway. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I got to see a lot of him last year and he seemed pretty good. I'll admit I haven't seen much of him this year but I guess it doesn't matter. Jay wouldn't use him anyway. 

He's not an every down back, and the things he does Chris Thompson does better IMO.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

No matter how bad of an owner Daniel Snyder is, somehow he's still light years beyond Jimmy Haslam.  

Was that a Haslam mistake or a front office mistake?

Honestly, I don't know if I agree with you that Snyder's all that much better.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Was that a Haslam mistake or a front office mistake?

Honestly, I don't know if I agree with you that Snyder's all that much better.

Who employed that front office? Who drafted a QB based on the advice of a homeless guy? Who spent tons of money on an analytics team to help him draft a QB and then ignore their advice to listen to said homeless guy. He's the worst owner in the NFL, maybe all of sports. I mean he hired a lawyer and a baseball guy to build his football team. The guys a disaster. 

Haslam has taken one of the most poorly run franchises in the history of sports and somehow made them worse. 

Edited by lavar703

Just now, lavar703 said:

Who employed that front office? Who drafted a QB based on the advice of a homeless guy? Who spent tons of money on an analytics team to help him draft a QB and then ignore their advice to listen to said homeless guy. He's the worst owner in the NFL, maybe all of sports. I mean he hired a lawyer and a baseball guy to build his football team. The guys a disaster. 

He's also owned the team as of 2012. He's been bad admittedly, but he's only been in charge for 5 years.

Snyder's been in charge for 20, and doesn't have that much more of a track record to speak of.

Just now, Woz said:

He's also owned the team as of 2012. He's been bad admittedly, but he's only been in charge for 5 years.

Snyder's been in charge for 20, and doesn't have that much more of a track record to speak of.

If I had to choose between Haslam and Snyder, I'm taking Snyder 100 out of 100 times. Who takes a 28-year old QB in the first round? 

Just now, lavar703 said:

If I had to choose between Haslam and Snyder, I'm taking Snyder 100 out of 100 times. Who takes a 28-year old QB in the first round? 

That was under Randy Lerner. Haslam bought the team in October of 2012.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/10/jimmy_haslam_is_new_cleveland.html

Just now, Woz said:

That was under Randy Lerner. Haslam bought the team in October of 2012.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/10/jimmy_haslam_is_new_cleveland.html

1999 - 2002 = Al Lerner
2002 - 2012 = Randy Lerner
2012 - current = Jimmy Haslam

So, functionally, blame everything 2013 onward on Haslam as the season was underway when he took the helm. The majority of the screw ups, though, happened under the Lerner regime.

• Like 1