Post OC hire/ Pre SB Mock

Bobby816

Not a fan of the mock, our  FA signings are fine though, JMS is the first pick for me, a C who killed it in the SB. Not sure how much money we have for FA once AR empties the money pool.

JMS is a plug and play C for the next 10 years..Period. Lets stop all the craziness of 1st round pick worthy nonsense. There are guys taken in the first round who were busts. JMS in round 1 and a T or G in round 2, S, LB, depending on talent from there on out.

I trust JD will draft the right guy, this year is more important than last years draft so hitting it out of the park in 2023 will show last year was no fluke. 

6 minutes ago, Big T said:

Not a fan of the mock, our  FA signings are fine though, JMS is the first pick for me, a C who killed it in the SB. Not sure how much money we have for FA once AR empties the money pool.

JMS is a plug and play C for the next 10 years..Period. Lets stop all the craziness of 1st round pick worthy nonsense. There are guys taken in the first round who were busts. JMS in round 1 and a T or G in round 2, S, LB, depending on talent from there on out.

I trust JD will draft the right guy, this year is more important than last years draft so hitting it out of the park in 2023 will show last year was no fluke. 

JD NEEDED to hit is last year and I think that was the big year for him. If he missed on those first round picks he would not be the GM right now. He nailed it with those picks. This is the best draft in NEW YORK JETS HISTORY!!! Fluke or no fluke this put him in the GM seat for at least 3 more years in my eyes. I would love for him to hit it again and that would put the Jets up for a very long run. If they can get Carr this year it would set them up for a nice 5 year run. 

11 minutes ago, Big T said:

Totally confused. I literally have our 1st 3 picks as OT, C and S. Is it that if anyone doesn't have JMS to us at 13 you don't like it? Bc I literally have us drafting a starting C with our next draft pick.

19 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Totally confused. I literally have our 1st 3 picks as OT, C and S. Is it that if anyone doesn't have JMS to us at 13 you don't like it? Bc I literally have us drafting a starting C with our next draft pick.

Dude, I'm good with most of your assessments, but JMS was a stand out, you can't pass on a guy thinking he will be there in the second round, at his position he is as good as any G or T respectively.

If the Jets think the value is there and he can solidify your line the next decade you draft him. Just to give you some perspective, when JJ Watt was coming out of college, I was screaming the Jets should do all they can to get this guy, Christian McCaffery as well. 

You don't sit on guy's who clearly are difference makers on the field. So IMHO and seeing with my eyes how JMS handled the best of the best, this guy isy  an Alpha Male and flattened the DL men at the SB.

I can't say the same for all the OL in particular guys rated ahead of him at T or G, and if that is the case you grab a T in round 2 the drop off isn't that great. I can't say the same at the C position.

6 minutes ago, Big T said:

Dude, I'm good with most of your assessments, but JMS was a stand out, you can't pass on a guy thinking he will be there in the second round, at his position he is as good as any G or T respectively.

If the Jets think the value is there and he can solidify your line the next decade you draft him. Just to give you some perspective, when JJ Watt was coming out of college, I was screaming the Jets should do all they can to get this guy, Christian McCaffery as well. 

You don't sit on guy's who clearly are difference makers on the field. So IMHO and seeing with my eyes how JMS handled the best of the best, this guy isy  an Alpha Male and flattened the DL men at the SB.

I can't say the same for all the OL in particular guys rated ahead of him at T or G, and if that is the case you grab a T in round 2 the drop off isn't that great. I can't say the same at the C position.

I get what you're saying but this is a C class with a good 5 guys or so that are plug and play starters at C IMO. So you can grab a great C in the mid rounds for sure. All depends on what we do at QB. Who knows what picks we might even have. I have us in this mock trading our 2nd. We very well maybe have to trade the 13th pick for all we know. The other thing to think about is spending valuable picks on valuable positions. I'm one of the biggest advocates for drafting OL. So don't mistake that. But C isn't  a premium position. Go look across the league and tell me how many of the top Cs in the NFL were top 13 picks? I'm pretty sure it's 0. Spend premium picks on premium spots. OT is a premium spot. So use that 1st on an OT. Get the C later (which in this mock bc I have us trading our 2nd is our very next pick).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big T said:

but JMS was a stand out, you can't pass on a guy thinking he will be there in the second round

Every year there is an iOL that seems to come out of nowhere in the offseason.  You never really hear their name much during the CFB season yet one set of post season practices vaults them into a top 20 pick?  I mentioned Meinerz because he was that guy in 2021.  Where was he drafted?  3rd round.  Not even sure if he is starting.  The point is that non premium position players seem to fall while premium position players rise.  Why spend #13 when he can be had later?  It happens every year.  The draft is just as much about slotting as it is getting a good player.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I get what you're saying but this is a C class with a good 5 guys or so that are plug and play starters at C IMO. So you can grab a great C in the mid rounds for sure. All depends on what we do at QB. Who knows what picks we might even have. I have us in this mock trading our 2nd. We very well maybe have to trade the 13th pick for all we know. The other thing to think about is spending valuable picks on valuable positions. I'm one of the biggest advocates for drafting OL. So don't mistake that. But C isn't  a premium position. Go look across the league and tell me how many of the top Cs in the NFL were top 13 picks? I'm pretty sure it's 0. Spend premium picks on premium spots. OT is a premium spot. So use that 1st on an OT. Get the C later (which in this mock bc I have us trading our 2nd is our very next pick).

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Every year there is an iOL that seems to come out of nowhere in the offseason.  You never really hear their name much during the CFB season yet one set of post season practices vaults them into a top 20 pick?  I mentioned Meinerz because he was that guy in 2021.  Where was he drafted?  3rd round.  Not even sure if he is starting.  The point is that non premium position players seem to fall while premium position players rise.  Why spend #13 when he can be had later?  It happens every year.  The draft is just as much about slotting as it is getting a good player.

Hey I think it would be a mistake drafting him so high, but if we can trade down, which this year I am a fan often I would be cool the Jets say dropping to 23-27th and grabbing the guy. Senior Bowl top players were Cody Mauch and JSM among about 10 others.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:03 AM, Bobby816 said:

We trade for Aaron Rodgers. We swap 1st rounders with them (so we draft at 15 now) our 2023 2nd and a 2024 1st (that goes to a 2nd if Rodgers retires after 2023)

What's stopping Aaron from "retiring" before the draft and changing his mind after?

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I mean with that being the line of thinking... anyone can retire anytime. 

Exactly.  That's why I think conditional picks based on the previous season is probably the most likely scenario involving a Rodgers' trade.  Hence, my 13/'24 Conditional Pick/'25 Conditional Pick for Rodgers/13 offer.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Exactly.  That's why I think conditional picks based on the previous season is probably the most likely scenario involving a Rodgers' trade.  Hence, my 13/'24 Conditional Pick/'25 Conditional Pick for Rodgers/13 offer.

I'm trying to take into consideration that we might have to outbid a team like LV. If they're offering this years 1st. How can we not offer ours? We pretty much have to at that point. Now if LV isn't offering this years 1st... then we're on an even playing field with conditions and such to the trade. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Al Pacino Money GIF