Post OC hire/ Pre SB Mock

Bobby816

**TRADE**

We trade for Aaron Rodgers. We swap 1st rounders with them (so we draft at 15 now) our 2023 2nd and a 2024 1st (that goes to a 2nd if Rodgers retires after 2023)

**Restructures**

I think we restructure a few guys like Mosley, Whitehead, JFM and Berrios.

I value Mosley, and I think we can rework his deal with giving him a couple more years to make his cap hit A LOT lower. I'm not done with Whitehead. He's still young and I think awful FS play made him look worse than he actually is. And JFM I have us moving some of his money around. And Berrios we keep as a depth guy, but at a way cheaper salary.

We also sign Quinnen long term. Which actually the way we draw up his contract saves us cap space this 1st year.

**Notable Cuts/Retires**

I think we come to some agreement for Brown to retire with us and we're releaved of his contract.

Major cuts I have us making are Carl Lawson, Corey Davis, Ashtyn Davis, Bryce Hall, Braden Mann and several other small cap hit guys.

**Notable Re-signings**

Nate Herbig

Kwon Alexander

Quincy Williams

Sheldon Rankins

Bryce Huff

Greg Zuerlein

**Free Agency**

We roughly have around 20mill in cap space going into FA after re-signings and adding Rodgers deal with moving his money to later years for cap space.

FS: Jimmie Ward: Familiar with our system and wont cost a ton being almost 32 years old. But is perfect for us being a win now team. This move I also expect to make Whitehead look better.

WR: Allen Lazard: We bring in one of Rodgers buddies, but is an actual need for us as well. He's the only guy we really spend on.

OC: Jon Feliciano: This is more a depth move and he wont cost a ton. He gets to stay in NY and maybe battle for the starting C job. This move wont cost a ton either.

DT: Hassan Ridgeway: DT depth behind Q, Rankins and JFM (when moved inside sometimes).

OT: Josh Wells: Cheap depth OT with Mitchell

**NFL Draft**

1st (from GB): Broderick Jones (OT/Georgia): He's a plug and play OT. We can figure out who LT and RT between him and Becton in camp. But we now have the making of a young OL that when healthy is great.

3rd: Ricky Stromberg (C/Arkansas): He should win our C job. He's a leader and actually versatile too. Can play OG as well. But I have him beating out Feliciano in TC. Continuing the young OL rebuild.

4th: Ronnie Hickman (S/Ohio State): Depth for us at S and can add ST value for us as well. Puts pressure on Whitehead as well if his play slips again.

5th: Trey Palmer (WR/Nebraska): Big bodied WR for depth after we cut Davis and Mims is on his last year.

6th: PJ Mustipher: (DT/Penn State): Big bodied run stopper. We need one of these to rotate in.

**Depth Chart**

QB: Rodgers, Wilson

RB: Hall, Carter, Knight

WR: Wilson, Lazard, Moore, Mims, Berrios, Palmer

TE: Uzomah, Conklin, Ruckert

LT: Becton, Wells

LG: Tomlinson, Herbig

OC: Stromberg, Feliciano

RG: AVT, Feeney

RT: Jones, Mitchell

DE: JFM, Clemons 

DT: Quinnen, Ridgeway

DT: Rankins, Mustipher

DE: Huff, Johnson

LB: Mosley, Alexander

LB: Williams, Sherwood

CB: Sauce, Hardee

CB: Reed, Echols

CB: Carter II

FS: Ward, Adams

SS: Whitehead, Hickman

K: Zuerlein

P: UDFA like Korsak, Turk, Baringer

LS: Hennessy

Still leaves us with a few more roster spots that I'd like to see us add guys at DT, LB, CB and such. Being a win now team. Some good vets for cheap can be had after cuts.

Not bad at all. I like this mock the most of all I have seen. Rodgers only really cost a 2nd and first if he does well and plays for 2 years. The only thing I would like to see is a young QB getting picked like in the 4th or 5th round. I would love for us to grab Will Rodgers there instead of depth. We need a young QB who can be a starter in a few years when Rodgers gets done. If ZW gets better in 2 years great he is the starter and the rookie is the backup. 

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Not bad at all. I like this mock the most of all I have seen. Rodgers only really cost a 2nd and first if he does well and plays for 2 years. The only thing I would like to see is a young QB getting picked like in the 4th or 5th round. I would love for us to grab Will Rodgers there instead of depth. We need a young QB who can be a starter in a few years when Rodgers gets done. If ZW gets better in 2 years great he is the starter and the rookie is the backup. 

I have us doing that next year. We have that young backup with Wilson for this year. Draft a guy in the mid rounds in 2024 and develop that guy for a year. This allows "in case of injury this year" for Wilson to maybe show something (Ideally he never see's the field). But we can go after the developmental guy next year and it gives us some time. Maybe Wilson develops watching Rodgers and in a new system. I wouldn't bet on it. But it's not impossible. 

Its a good mock and I would be happy if it worked out this way minus the restructuring of Mosely. If that needs up making him impossible to cut next year...we simply cannot do it. Bite the bullet this year. 

If we draft a center and bring in Feliciano, let Feeney walk, he's abysmal. Would like us to try and draft a guard in case Tomlinson continues to blow. Herbig is a nice backup but he is no better than Tomlinson realistically. We need as much insurance on the OL if we are investing this much into Rodgers. 

What type of deal are we giving Lazard? If its even close to Davis I would rather keep Davis event though he has problems staying on the field. When he plays hes productive. Lazard has spent his entire career with a HOF QB and has pedestrian numbers. They are the same age and Davis has out produced him with borderline dog-**** at QB. If hes making significantly less I can get on board but if its the same, I do see it nor do I think we do it. 

Lastly on depth chart. I really hope we hive Johnson a chance to start. We traded up for him. He needs way more snaps. Just nitpicking.

Overall if this is the direction we go I would be happy with this team, even though I am mentally preparing myself for Jimmy Garoppolo. 

4 hours ago, Heymangold said:

i want rodgers but if it's going to cost that much i'll pass on him. 

feel like you need to address LT more - i want becton to succeed but i just can't assume he will.

How? I mean I added a starting OT in Round 1 and added depth with Wells when we already have a starter in Becton and a guy that started last year in Mitchell. That's 4 good options at OT. You think we're going to have 3-4 starting OTs all battling it out? We ;likely don't have the cap space for that if we're adding a starting QB.

I'd love Orlando Brown for us at LT. But that's just not realistic. 

10 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I can see things going down this way. Wish we fit in a LBer though. 

I’m not the biggest Quincy fan. So I’d be totally fine with adding someone in FA who’s speedy or the draft if the right player falls in our laps.

I like this Mock. 

I would love to see us add a young LB and FS for competition/depth, but the talent isn't there on the current free agent list. I love the idea of picking Ward, but he gets hurt just like all the other 49ers' players. He probably played 16 games 2/9 years he's been in the league. With that and his age, adding competition behind him is important. 

I think we're going to make a few trades to gain more late picks. JD love those.

I'm stuck between trading back and staying at our pick, but if we did, Jones is one of my favorites. 

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I like this Mock. 

I would love to see us add a young LB and FS for competition/depth, but the talent isn't there on the current free agent list. I love the idea of picking Ward, but he gets hurt just like all the other 49ers' players. He probably played 16 games 2/9 years he's been in the league. With that and his age, adding competition behind him is important. 

I think we're going to make a few trades to gain more late picks. JD love those.

I'm stuck between trading back and staying at our pick, but if we did, Jones is one of my favorites. 

I have us signing Ward at FS but still having Parks behind him. Who I think the staff loves and is still grooming and might be a starter one day as an UDFA. Thats why I have us not going FS high. I have us adding Hickman at SS in case Whitehead cant play like his TB self. I think Whitehead is better than what we saw last year. I think bc of poor FS play he want able to play his game. Work on his tackling this off season and I think he'll be good. He's still only 25 0r 26. So I'm giving him another year. But Hickman is right there behind him if he slips.

At LB I want to add talent too. Deion Jones is a guy I really want. If the money can work. I'd love to add him and bring back Kwon and let Quincy walk (bc he'll cost more than Kwon). In the draft I'd like to add a LB. In this mock I didn't have us doing that. But I could easily see us adding one there with speed. Draft an actual speedy LB though. Not the S turned LB type.

And I never do trades in my mocks. Just bc I think that starts making it too unrealistic. Not saying JD doesn't trade. But I feel you can make any mock look great if you start trading away picks to make it look good. So I prefer to keep it rather straight forward. 

How can we do a mock draft now, we don't even have a starting QB on the roster. As' of now we are at the mercy of the four main QB's looking for a new team. If we lose all four QB's to other teams and we have to go with a guy like Tannehill, it will set the Jets franchise back ten years. And how can you trust a guy like Rodgers, great QB, but how do you trust a guy who dumped Dancia Patrick? Right now my main worries are getting a starting QB without losing our #1 pick in the draft, I want that pick. I don't see us making any roster moves till we get a QB.