The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Sounds like the focus is bringing Chauncey back now.

Lane must have restructured.

Jason at OTC tweeted they have to do that to be cap compliant by 4 PM, and emailed me earlier this morning when I asked about it that they would have to restructure Lane or Slay to be under the cap in time.

Sure is nice having that guys email.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Makes sense and probably doable now. I hope it does get done because you know these are the witching hours.

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Have you seen something saying this or are you just assuming? 

John Clark reporting the Chauncey thing.

Lane has to restructure or the eagles wouldnt be cap compliant. That has to happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Have you seen something saying this or are you just assuming? 

3 minutes ago, ACO said:

Makes sense and probably doable now. I hope it does get done because you know these are the witching hours.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

In essence I did say that, but my point was if the Eagles wanted spendable cap space today, they had to restructure him.

This move does not even help the Eagles get under the cap for the start of the league year, they have to restructure Lane before the league year starts.

That wasn’t the point. Bradberry was signed. I said I’d be worried if I was Slay about being traded. You said he wasn’t going anywhere. Then laid out numbers. That’s all. There was no essence. It has nothing to do with cap compliance. More about a causal fan doing their own numbers and not realizing the angles that professionals do that work with it year in and out. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That wasn’t the point. Bradberry was signed. I said I’d be worried if I was Slay about being traded. You said he wasn’t going anywhere. Then laid out numbers. That’s all. There was no essence. It has nothing to do with cap compliance. More about a causal fan doing their own numbers and not realizing the angles that professionals do that work with it year in and out. 

I fully understand the angles, and know what a June 1 cut is.  Eagles need cap space for the signings they have made already, and Lane's restructure will barely cover those.

June 1 release of Slay does nothing for fitting Bradberry, Penny and Scott under the cap, and does nothing in their pursuit of CJGJ.