Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 25 - Taco Bowl XXV Posted!)

TheKillerNacho

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Also, if someone is interested in a S27 1st, I'd consider moving it for a legitimate upgrade and a S27 10th in return. Might as well sink my S27 draft resources like I have my S26 draft resources.

Devondre Campbell would be a legitimate upgrade to AJ Johnson

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Devondre Campbell would be a legitimate upgrade to AJ Johnson

See... I just don't know. Statistically (in the sim), they aren't far off. 

This is how they look right now:

De'Vondre Campbell [6 GS]: 37 tackles (1 stuff), 1 coverage, 1 recovery.
Alexander Johnson [6 GS]: 37 tackles (4 stuffs), 2 coverages, 1 recovery.

This was how they stacked up after S24:

De'Vondre Campbell [16 GS]: 100 tackles (6 stuffs), 4 coverages, 1 sack, 1 interception, 1 recovery.
Alexander Johnson [16 GS]: 105 tackles (13 stuffs), 6 coverages, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery.

There's undoubtedly other factors involved, but I'm not nearly smart enough to pretend that those factors are elevating Campbell significantly higher than Johnson right now.

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

De'Vondre Campbell [16 GS]: 100 tackles (6 stuffs), 4 coverages, 1 sack, 1 interception, 1 recovery.
Alexander Johnson [16 GS]: 105 tackles (13 stuffs), 6 coverages, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery.

There's undoubtedly other factors involved, but I'm not nearly smart enough to pretend that those factors are elevating Campbell significantly higher than Johnson right now.

In 4 games
Frankie Luvu [4 GS]: 28 tackles (2 stuffs), 2 coverages, 1 sack, 1 interception
Extrapolate to 6:
Frankie Luvu [6 GS]: 42 tackles (3 stuffs), 3 coverages, 1.5 sacks, 1.5 interceptions

Edited by LAOJoe

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Took him 4 games to get 1 each 

Acting like that's weird for a LB? Better than those other 2 LBs and many LBs. More than yours with Logan Wilson and Isaiah Simmons although you got a couple fumble recoveries (which really aren't the important part of the fumble) with one and one for a score with Simmons. So those stats aren't bad at all. Edmunds has been very slid though.

Edited by LAOJoe

19 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Acting like that's weird for a LB? Better than those other 2 LBs and many LBs. More than yours with Logan Wilson and Isaiah Simmons although you got a couple fumble recoveries (which really aren't the important part of the fumble) with one and one for a score with Simmons. So those stats aren't bad at all. Edmunds has been very slid though.

Who said anything about my linebackers lol

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Curtis Samuel [6 GS]: 16 receptions for 233 yards (14.56 YPR, 33 LNG), 4 touchdowns.

Tee Higgins [6 GS]: 27 receptions for 299 yards (11.07 YPR, 27 LNG), 3 touchdowns, 1 drop.

Curtis Samuel is a considerable upgrade to your Tee Higgins, I will take either Higgins or a future 1st for Samuel

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

Curtis Samuel [6 GS]: 16 receptions for 233 yards (14.56 YPR, 33 LNG), 4 touchdowns.

Tee Higgins [6 GS]: 27 receptions for 299 yards (11.07 YPR, 27 LNG), 3 touchdowns, 1 drop.

Curtis Samuel is a considerable upgrade to your Tee Higgins, I will take either Higgins or a future 1st for Samuel

Yes, Curtis Samuel has statistically outperformed Tee Higgins at this point in the season. I believe that Higgins provides significantly more value moving forward, therefore I'm not interested in moving him. (I also have a solution for WR1, so I'm not in the market for a WR.)

Thanks, though.

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yes, Curtis Samuel has statistically outperformed Tee Higgins at this point in the season. I believe that Higgins provides significantly more value moving forward, therefore I'm not interested in moving him. (I also have a solution for WR1, so I'm not in the market for a WR.)

Thanks, though.

I was just pointing out a slight flaw in your logic when it comes to using bare stats from a player. AJ Johnson hasn't had a good season in years. Where as Devondre was an All Pro caliber ILB just a season ago. I think it a bit silly to cast away irl accomplishments for stats that are essentially automatic in a sense when it comes to the sim. 

But I aint gonna beg for you to take him, I am sure some other playoff caliber team will be needing his talents eventually.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I was just pointing out a slight flaw in your logic when it comes to using bare stats from a player. AJ Johnson hasn't had a good season in years. Where as Devondre was an All Pro caliber ILB just a season ago. I think it a bit silly to cast away irl accomplishments for stats that are essentially automatic in a sense when it comes to the sim. 

But I aint gonna beg for you to take him, I am sure some other playoff caliber team will be needing his talents eventually.

I mean, I already acknowledged that there's a performance impact separate from the individual stats that plays a factor in the sim, and that I'm nowhere near smart enough to know if that difference makes it worth spending more resources on another player. Not sure what more you want from me.

• Like 1