Rams and LB Bobby Wagner parting ways

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

What worries me is that if he left because he “wanted to win” that this team is not looking very promising for next year in his eyes

We'll see what he actually said I haven't read or heard a comment from him just from reporters. He more than likely left because being his own agent he didn't want to restructure the deal he negotiated in the first place. The writing was on the wall when he signed with us that this was for 1 year maybe 2 at most. 

Shocked but totally understandable. He plays inside linebacker which we know the Rams dont place as a high priority on. I can see the Rams going after a big time pass rusher to pair with AD and then focusing heavily on offense. The defense will be fine without Wagner. Its them needing another pass rusher opposite of AD and needing to get the offense back going thats important. Keeping Wagner wouldve been great just bc he is still a great player but its not important. I dont think losing him will have the same impact as losing Von last offseason. Defense still will be good.