Rams trade CB Jalen Ramsey to Dolphins for 3rd rounder + TE Hunter Long

RaidersAreOne

The dead money les has accrued over his tenure is just bizarre. Thank god we got a Super Bowl. I love all of you. Before you complain and cry! Remember we went 14 years straight of eating ish. We prayed for times like these. 

this all would have just made better sense last year. Not this year. I wanted Jalen gone last year.. There is nothing we can do. Just gotta bite the bullet. Just weird not being on contention. There’s always gotta be a what’s next move! But we don’t see it at least I don’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

The dead money les has accrued over his tenure is just bizarre. Thank god we got a Super Bowl. I love all of you. Before you complain and cry! Remember we went 14 years straight of eating ish. We prayed for times like these. 

this all would have just made better sense last year. Not this year. I wanted Jalen gone last year.. There is nothing we can do. Just gotta bite the bullet. Just weird not being on contention. There’s always gotta be a what’s next move! But we don’t see it at least I don’t. 

It wouldn’t have made sense to get rid of Ramsey last year. We added a pro bowl LB (Wagner) Donald was coming back, and the offense was expected to be potent. Everything was in place for us to contend again in 2022, but unfortunately it didn’t work out that way. 

No one could’ve predicted the massive decline in the offense (due to injuries) 

Edited by NYRamsFan88

20 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

It wouldn’t have made sense to get rid of Ramsey last year. We added a pro bowl LB (Wagner) Donald was coming back, and the offense was expected to be potent. Everything was in place for us to contend again in 2022, but unfortunately it didn’t work out that way. 

No one could’ve predicted the massive decline in the offense (due to injuries) 

I saw ramseys decline. It was about striking when the iron was hot. His value was at its highest last year.

13 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I saw ramseys decline. It was about striking when the iron was hot. His value was at its highest last year.

What decline?? And don’t say because he was getting beat, because every CB in the history of football has gotten beat. Sanders got beat, Revis, Gilmore, Diggs, Peterson, I can sit here all day and list names, I’ve seen them all get smoked multiple times. 

I don’t know why fans act like elite CB (or CBs in general) can’t get beat, if that was the case there’d be no need for safeties 🤷🏾‍♂️

I just heard the people in the Rams organization are doing cartwheels after Ramsey got traded bc he was being a bad influence to the young players in the locker room. Don’t know how true it is but Colin do have his sources within the Rams organization and has been spot on with a lot of his Rams information. 

If this is true then I see why the Rams weren’t willing to give Ramsey another deal. Still don’t excuse them getting little in trade value but if they feel he had a negative presence in the locker room it could be a plus. Sorta like the Kyrie situation in Boston where he was a negative presence to a young talented team that as soon as he wasn’t around the Celtics thrived even though was traded there to be the leader. So just something interesting I heard about Ramsey. 

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I just heard the people in the Rams organization are doing cartwheels after Ramsey got traded bc he was being a bad influence to the young players in the locker room. Don’t know how true it is but Colin do have his sources within the Rams organization and has been spot on with a lot of his Rams information. 

If this is true then I see why the Rams weren’t willing to give Ramsey another deal. Still don’t excuse them getting little in trade value but if they feel he had a negative presence in the locker room it could be a plus. Sorta like the Kyrie situation in Boston where he was a negative presence to a young talented team that as soon as he wasn’t around the Celtics thrived even though was traded there to be the leader. So just something interesting I heard about Ramsey. 

Might be in the minority here, but I’m interested in seeing what our young CBs can do. Sooner or later we’re going to have to turn them loose and let them play. 

I am highly concerned about our safeties though. A young core of CBs is one thing, but to have them supported by Scott/Rapp/Fuller would be a nightmare on elm street. Fuller has decent coverage skills, but the man is never available. He showed a lot of promise back in 2020.

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

LOL, you are truly nothing SPECIAL (SAS voice). Ramsey a bad influence? This is what we are going to do now? Trading him makes sense and I agree with what the Rams are doing this offseason. This team was/is not going to compete even with better health luck in 2023 and there is no need to be that middle tier team in cap hell. Just reset the core and then try to make another run in a few years. Stafford is a huge question mark and no guarantee he will get to his 2021 level and Donald is playing in his last year or two. The Rams finally have their first round pick next season and they can get one of the top QBs and build around that. A lot of weaknesses on the team and the FO/coaching staff knows that. 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, you are truly nothing SPECIAL (SAS voice). Ramsey a bad influence? This is what we are going to do now? Trading him makes sense and I agree with what the Rams are doing this offseason. This team was/is not going to compete even with better health luck in 2023 and there is no need to be that middle tier team in cap hell. Just reset the core and then try to make another run in a few years. Stafford is a huge question mark and no guarantee he will get to his 2021 level and Donald is playing in his last year or two. The Rams finally have their first round pick next season and they can get one of the top QBs and build around that. A lot of weaknesses on the team and the FO/coaching staff knows that. 

What do you mean? Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just saying what I heard. I never said I thought it was true. I never said I thought Ramsey was a bad influence to the young players. I just said what I heard and then said Colin has made some takes about the Rams that were spot on so when he says he has his sources close to the Rams organization then it’s interesting to hear that being said about Ramsey on his show.

As for the Rams this season, you saying they won’t compete even with better health I disagree. They might not win the NFCW but can they get a wildcard spot and make the playoffs and win a road playoff game? Yes. They did it before back in 2020. Yes they had a top defense but their offense was meh. Goff wasn’t inconsistent and not how he was in 2018. Gurley obviously wasn’t himself. So the offense did enough carried by the defense to get the Rams to (10-6) and get a wildcard spot and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs.

So can that happen this season but with the offense carrying the team and maybe the defense doing just enough at times to get the Rams to possibly (10-7) or even (9-8) and get a wildcard spot in a weak NFC and possibly win a playoff game? Yes. Then in the 2024 offseason have their 1st round pick plus 10 more and have about $100 mil in cap space to go get players to play for McVay in LA and improve their defense and more on offense to get back to real Superbowl contention. So don’t write off the Rams completely like so many have already done. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

What do you mean? Don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just saying what I heard. I never said I thought it was true. I never said I thought Ramsey was a bad influence to the young players. I just said what I heard and then said Colin has made some takes about the Rams that were spot on so when he says he has his sources close to the Rams organization then it’s interesting to hear that being said about Ramsey on his show.

As for the Rams this season, you saying they won’t compete even with better health I disagree. They might not win the NFCW but can they get a wildcard spot and make the playoffs and win a road playoff game? Yes. They did it before back in 2020. Yes they had a top defense but their offense was meh. Goff wasn’t inconsistent and not how he was in 2018. Gurley obviously wasn’t himself. So the offense did enough carried by the defense to get the Rams to (10-6) and get a wildcard spot and beat the Seahawks in the playoffs.

So can that happen this season but with the offense carrying the team and maybe the defense doing just enough at times to get the Rams to possibly (10-7) or even (9-8) and get a wildcard spot in a weak NFC and possibly win a playoff game? Yes. Then in the 2024 offseason have their 1st round pick plus 10 more and have about $100 mil in cap space to go get players to play for McVay in LA and improve their defense and more on offense to get back to real Superbowl contention. So don’t write off the Rams completely like so many have already done. 

No, you justify or look to justify ANY move your favorite teams make lol. 

And for the offense to carry the Rams, that will take Stafford being back to full health. Again, NO guarantee of that happening. The OL is also a mess and how exactly are they going to fix that this offseason? Spoiler alert, they likely won't and that's why they are turning their attention to the 2024 offseason. They will have cap space to make some big signings to the OL and then can draft their potential future QB if Stafford plays like he did last season. I am in agreement of the Rams FO for what they are doing this offseason. For you to expect them to compete in 2023 is silly...when they don't even expect to compete. And getting in as a WC team is not competing for a SB. Were the Seahawks a SB contender this season even though they made the playoffs? No, and the Rams are not interested in just being a middle tier team that may or may not make the playoffs as a 7th seed. 

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, you justify or look to justify ANY move your favorite teams make lol. 

And for the offense to carry the Rams, that will take Stafford being back to full health. Again, NO guarantee of that happening. The OL is also a mess and how exactly are they going to fix that this offseason? Spoiler alert, they likely won't and that's why they are turning their attention to the 2024 offseason. They will have cap space to make some big signings to the OL and then can draft their potential future QB if Stafford plays like he did last season. I am in agreement of the Rams FO for what they are doing this offseason. For you to expect them to compete in 2023 is silly...when they don't even expect to compete. And getting in as a WC team is not competing for a SB. Were the Seahawks a SB contender this season even though they made the playoffs? No, and the Rams are not interested in just being a middle tier team that may or may not make the playoffs as a 7th seed. 

Again don’t shoot the messenger. I’m just saying what I heard. Don’t take what I’ve said in the past and apply it to this. Again I never said I agree with what I heard on The Herd. I’ve always thought Ramsey was great to the young guys and locker room and I hated to lose him. Like making assumptions like you are making makes me never want to post things bc I know everything I say will be taking the same way. I’ll let you and everyone know how I feel so you will know but don’t make assumptions when I just post what I heard.

I do believe Stafford will be closer to his 6,000yds 40+ tds total that helped the Rams win the Superbowl in 2021 season than he was in 2022. He was hurt in 2021 with a lot of injuries and still did what he did. The main issue is everyone was hurt plus McVay was dealing with serious personal issues that had him mentally checked out. He is back re energized and ready to go. Stafford will be healthier and the OL we don’t know how good it can be bc we never seen a healthy starting 5 from the main guys for one game. So I’ll give the Rams OL an incomplete bc we didn’t see Noteboom, Edwards, Allen, Bruss, and Havenstein play one game together. And we know they need more than one game together to develop chemistry and consistency. So you can’t call the Rams starting 5 bad when you never seen them play one game together. And I hate those narratives bc when they play together and they look good then people like you will say you are shocked the Rams OL look pretty good when honestly you pre judged them for no reason.

Now when I say competing I mean playoffs. Contenders are Superbowl. I think the Rams will be competing in 2023 bc I think they can and will make the playoffs as long as they don’t suffer the same rash of injuries like last season. They won’t be contenders bc I don’t think they will have a championship defense. Like when they won the Superbowl they had 17th ranked total defense and 15th ranked scoring defense. But most of that was without Von and guys like SJD and Fuller. I don’t think the Rams will be that this season bc they will be worse. I’m just hoping the offense will be back in the top 5-10 in big plays, rushing, passing, time of possession, and scoring. If that’s the case they can make the playoffs and win a playoff game in a weak NFC. In 2024 when they have the ability to make more big moves I expect them to be back contenders for the Superbowl.

Edited by stl4life07