John Fox is still employed

G08

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

70% of the workforce is going to still be here. I promise you there is value in the message.

And a higher percentage of the workforce was left going into this season so again what weight did that message carry?

52 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Players aren't stupid, they already know what's happening here and if they didn't realize that they need to play better to avoid being cut in the offseason then they wouldn't be pro athletes to begin with.  After all this is a performance based business.  Firing Fox now accomplishes nothing more than appeasing certain Bears' fans displeasure.

More reps for Shaheen

More reps for Cohen

More chance for Trubisky to throw the ball and make plays

Yeah, it only appeases me.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

And a higher percentage of the workforce was left going into this season so again what weight did that message carry?

The message stays with every guy who is back in 2018, the same way that wins and loses will stick with them. Perform, or screw your feelings, you will be gone.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

More reps for Shaheen

More reps for Cohen

More chance for Trubisky to throw the ball and make plays

Yeah, it only appeases me.

And what guarantee do we have that those things all happen if Fox is fired right now?  None. 

Just now, topwop1 said:

If he really wants to I'm sure he could dictate it now without firing Fox.

For all we know Fangio is worse in getting these young guys more playing time.

That is illogical.

John Fox has control of his coaches and the game plans. If he is fired and the interim HC is told to play Shaheen, he will play.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

You'll get it on January 1st.

And we will waste 4 valuable weeks, to save John Fox's feelings.

I for one would have liked to have seen Trubisky with a chance to lead a game winning drive against the 49ers, I think that would have been valuable experience. Instead he got to watch Robbie hit a college extra point.

Just now, WindyCity said:

That is illogical.

John Fox has control of his coaches and the game plans. If he is fired and the interim HC is told to play Shaheen, he will play.

So you are saying that the GM should have control over how the coach dictates his game plans and which players play?  What good is that for a head coach who wants to establish himself?

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So you are saying that the GM should have control over how the coach dictates his game plans and which players play?  What good is that for a head coach who wants to establish himself?

It is a interim HC he is just there to hold a seat.

It is better than telling your GM to "blank" off.

Archived