John Fox is still employed

G08

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yup. John Morton is Kyle Shanahan-like

#Dumb_perspective

Lol here we go again.  Way to take my words and create a straw man to fit them into your argument.  

Just telling you that you can;t base coaching hires solely on statistical rankings.  Look at the Chiefs offensive rankings under Doug Pederson before he was hired as Philly's head coach.  They weren't exactly tearing up the charts under him during his stint as OC...gotta look beyond just that.

Words have meaning; why make a comparison and then say #Perspective?

Or are you implying that everyone that has a bad ranking in points scored has the potential to be Kyle Shanahan? If so, that's dumb.

I'm saying that personnel can have a large influence on offensive rankings.  Hence the Jets mediocre ranking currently under Morton vs Shanahan's rankigns last year with Atlanta vs his ranking this year with SF.  You have to have some perspective when looking at statistics as they don;t always paint they whole picture.

Never did I say Morton was or will be just as good of a play caller as Shanahan.  Stop putting words in people's mouth.  

Also, don't shoot the messenger.  I'm not saying I want Morton as the next head coach, just don't be surprised if he is a hot name come January.  He's already making waves in the NFL coaching community.

The connection to Pace and Payton is even more of a reason to think he will be considered.  Plus if Bowles gets the axe and Fangio decides to pursue other opportunities then that give the Bears a leg up on Bowles for their new DC, which wouldn't be too shabby at all.

No, you never said that, you just put both their names in the same sentence, referenced poor outcomes and then said #perspective 9_9

Kyle Shanahan has skins on the wall, John Morton has nothing outside of 2 seasons calling plays for our old friend Matt Barkley. But yes, they both are commanding below-average NFL offenses in the year 2017. *applause*

Just now, G08 said:

No, you never said that, you just put both their names in the same sentence, referenced poor outcomes and then said #perspective 9_9

Yup I showed you how Shanahan could go from coaching the best offense in the NFL one year to one of the worst the next.  Does that make him a bad coordinator? Nope

Does John Morton coaching a talent deficient Jets offense to mediocre offensive numbers make him a bad OC?  Nope.  Again that's where perspective and common sense needs to be used.

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

absolutely. let's throw logic in there as well.

Just stop.  You're not going to win this one.  You damn well know what I mean.  Don't hate because you don't like the idea of Morton.  Again I'm just relaying info about Pace connections and potential Bears head coach possibilities.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Just stop.  You're not going to win this one.  You damn well know what I mean.  Don't hate because you don't like the idea of Morton.  Again I'm just relaying info about Pace connections and potential Bears head coach possibilities.

Stop what, I agreed with what you said and suggested to add logic as well.

Who is trying to "win" anything. This isn't a penis measuring contest xD

Pace is building New Orleans North

His offensive personnel decisions might as well be straight from the NO playbook.

To not look deeply at Pete Carmichael would be short sighted.

After the way he  had the Bears defense confused and chasing ghosts the play calling talent is there.

Archived