Who would you rather have?

J_E_T_$

Who would you rather have?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Aaron Rogers for a 1st and 3rd round pick?
    • Derek Carr for $35m a year for 4 years
    • Jimmy G $35m a year for 4 years
    • Carson Wentz for $25m a year, no minimum years
    • Baker Mayfield for $15m a year, no minimum years
    • Run it back with Zach Wilson
    • resign Mike White let Wilson and White kill another year
    • OTHER? please comment if you have another idea

9 hours ago, J_E_T_$ said:

comment if you have additional ideas

Mayfield will never get a 15 million dollar deal for a backup role, M.White is a cheaper option for the league. Jimmy G would be fine and has a history of being able to make the playoffs and has a history with Saleh. But Jimmy G has a history with the medical staff too, that would be my only draw back.

Carr I think would be a safe choice, AR is too much of a distraction and prima-donna, who can know what this guy is going to do or how he is going to act.

AR needs to keep the circus in G.B. If anyone could wreck what the Jets are accomplishing its Woody Johnson by forcing J.D. to get AR no matter the cost. 

46 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

yeah why not bring in a former MVP after all the success this team's had at QB.

Lamar is NOT a good investment. He wants to be the highest and most guarnteed money in NFL history and then you add the fact t will cost 3 first round picks. NO THANKS. The guy does not finish a season and his style of play is only going to last another 2 years at most. He will want a MASSIVE deal that will last for a long time. The NFL D guys are already figured him out. You spy Lamar and force him to throw the ball. In the last few years he has been average at best when throwing a ball. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

yeah why not bring in a former MVP after all the success this team's had at QB.

Key word is former.  We have beaten to death the opinions about Lamar's style of play and that he is a mediocre passer.  For all the draft capital we would have to spend AND the huge contract, chances are he will be an anchor around this teams neck in short order.  We also know that this team has not had a QB in decades it seems which is why we are all excited that we may actually be doing something about.  Finally.

1. Lamar for almost whatever it takes

2. Rodgers

3. Carr

4. Geno Smith

5. Ryan Tannehil I guess 

6. Jimmy Garrapolo

7. Daniel Jones

8. Mike White 

9. Carson Wentz

10. Sam Darnold

11. Jameis Winston

12. Gardner Minshew

13. Baker Mayfield

14. Jacoby Brissett

15. Zach Wilson or Nick Mullens 

Edited by Sandwhich2

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Derek Carr. Don't play games and miss out on a massive upgrade at the QB position. Carr is younger, won't cost draft picks, and is a massive upgrade. Numbers are similar to Stafford in Detroit, I think you can win with Carr at QB. 

Based on JD’s presser, it feels like JD will sign him when Carr is ready to sign. I think Carr wants to explore all options before FA opens. When he decides where he wants to play, negotiations will begin. If it’s the Jets, JD will make an offer. I do not think JD is waiting for Rodgers. I think JD is waiting for Carr. Just my opinion. 

9 hours ago, NYJETS52 said:

I would rather have Rodgers but I'm still skeptical about the compensation.  So I voted for Carr.

Strictly from a talent perspective, yes, Rodgers tops Carr for now.  Where Rodgers would be lacking is everything else including the expected and inevitable decline which may or may not have already started.  In two years, I would expect Carr to surpass Rodgers.  If Rodgers is even playing anymore.

Not sure what is taking Rodgers so long to make a decision.  He has had plenty of time to do nothing but think.  Maybe he needs a light retreat to counter the effects of the dark.