RBs = 2001 Rams

WRs = 2002 Raiders

TE/FB = 2004 Colts

OL = 2007 Patriots

Coaches = 2001 Rams

Edited by LuckIsGOAT

2004 Vick < 2007 Brady, easily
1997 Sanders > 2001 Faulk, but it's close
2004 Muhsin Muhammad/Keary Colbert/Ricky Proehl < 2002 Jerry Rice/Tim Brown/Jerry Porter, but it's close
2006 Gates/Neal > 2004 Clark/Pollard, easily
1998 Broncos < 2007 Patriots
1998 Shanahan > 2001 Martz, easily

I'd give the edge to Team B if they were expected to play right away, and Team A assuming they had a few weeks to gameplan. Team B has the better QB and the Brady-Faulk combination would be lethal, but if anyone can design an offense to get the most out Vick and Sanders, it's Shanahan

Edited by jonnguy2015

2 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

2004 Vick < 2007 Brady, easily
1997 Sanders > 2001 Faulk, but it's close
2002 Jerry Rice/Tim Brown/Jerry Porter > 2004 Muhsin Muhammad/Keary Colbert/Ricky Proehl, but it's close
2006 Gates/Neal > 2004 Clark/Pollard, easily
1998 Broncos < 2007 Patriots
1998 Shanahan > 2001 Martz, easily

I'd give the edge to Team B if they were expected to play right away, and Team A assuming they had a few weeks to gameplan. Team B has the better QB and the Brady-Faulk combination would be lethal, but if anyone can design an offense to get the most out Vick and Sanders, it's Shanahan

It was upposed to be 03 Panthers(with Steve Smith) not 04

Also you really have 07 Pat's OL over 98 Broncos OL? That's unexpected

Edited by LuckIsGOAT

Team B, pretty easily.

2007 is arguably one of the greatest seasons from any QB.

Arming Brady with a RB with the receiving prowess Faulk had is just sick and wrong; they'd be nearly unstoppable on third down.

Both RIce and Brown were still very effective receivers despite their advanced ages. Porter put up respectable stats despite spending most of his career having Kerry Collins, Andrew Walter and JaMarcus Russell throwing to him.

Dallas Clark was a solid TE.

The 2007 offensive line was the backbone to that offense. One of the biggest reasons NE lost the SB was due to Stephen Neal's injury and the overall poor performance from the line.

COaching is the only area where I see a noticeable dropoff. The biggest reason the Rams lost SB36 was Martz getting completely schooled by Belichick.

5 hours ago, biggie. said:

Team B, pretty easily.

2007 is arguably one of the greatest seasons from any QB.

Arming Brady with a RB with the receiving prowess Faulk had is just sick and wrong; they'd be nearly unstoppable on third down.

Both RIce and Brown were still very effective receivers despite their advanced ages. Porter put up respectable stats despite spending most of his career having Kerry Collins, Andrew Walter and JaMarcus Russell throwing to him.

Dallas Clark was a solid TE.

The 2007 offensive line was the backbone to that offense. One of the biggest reasons NE lost the SB was due to Stephen Neal's injury and the overall poor performance from the line.

COaching is the only area where I see a noticeable dropoff. The biggest reason the Rams lost SB36 was Martz getting completely schooled by Belichick.

Team B is has an edge in consistency and ball control but you don't think Team A is much much more explosive with Vick, Barry and Smith?

10 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

Team B is has an edge in consistency and ball control but you don't think Team A is much much more explosive with Vick, Barry and Smith?

Because 2007 Brady wasn't "explosive".

Brady at his worst is better than Vick at his best.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Because 2007 Brady wasn't "explosive".

Brady at his worst is better than Vick at his best.

I agree Brady is way way way better than Vick

But I don't think the passing game with Rice and Brown is as explosive as Moss and Stallworth was.

Vick Smith and Barry are all incredibly explosive.

7 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

I agree Brady is way way way better than Vick

But I don't think the passing game with Rice and Brown is as explosive as Moss and Stallworth was.

Vick Smith and Barry are all incredibly explosive.

Rice and Brown were still crazy good in 2002, Rice was still a Top 3 WR and Brown still Top 10. Gannon win MVP with all those weapons that year.

4 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Brady thrived his whole career throwing to slow, non-explosive receivers. No reason he wouldn't thrive with old Rice and Brown.

If course he will thrive with superior efficiency but would it be more explosiv/better than Vick, Barry, Smith etc?

And what do you value more? Explosiveness vs efficiency

17 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Brady thrived his whole career throwing to slow, non-explosive receivers. No reason he wouldn't thrive with old Rice and Brown.

Rice was never known for his speed; his elite route running and ability to get separation were his calling cards.

Combine those two factors and Brady's timing that offense would be explosive, just in a different way.