Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

Is it 2 first round picks better of a passer rating

Considering his age and ceiling, I'd probably say yes.

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What about Titans as a potential landing spot?

The Titans? The team that just shed as much salary and quality players as humanly possible to go into a full rebuild? Those Titans?

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Titans? The team that just shed as much salary and quality players as humanly possible to go into a full rebuild? Those Titans?

Goff is only 3 years older than Lamar. I'm not even saying I'm committing to Goff beyond his 2 year contract. But we have not seen a QB outside of Mahomes win a Super Bowl with a heavy cap hit which Lamar would require.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Soko said:

There’s no way Baltimore realistically believes a FRP + fluff is “fair value” for a franchise QB. 

If a team wanted to give Lamar that mega deal (that Baltimore has refused to offer) + 2 FRPs to Baltimore, they would have.

So what does requesting a trade accomplish as far as changing that formula? To me, it’s incredibly unrealistic for anyone to believe Lamar would get straight up traded for less than two FRPs. So if it isn’t the pick compensation, it has to be the contract.

What if the Ravens want 2 FRP + another pick or two or possibly a starting level QB? Negotiating a trade gives them flexibility with the package that they receive. 

Again, there has only been one FA in NFL history that was hit with the non-exclusive tag, signed an offer sheet elsewhere, and actually ended up playing for the team that signed him. 

Or it's that teams don't want to waste their time negotiating with a player that they can sign and then miss out on anyway. 

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Outside team meeting Jackson contract demands AND sending 2 firsts to BAL was very unlikely.

Open market where no draft picks are needed, the valuation changes....though probably not to Watson level contract 

That is an extremely fair counter point. To add to that, his asking for a trade is just hot air, because of everthing you just said.

Do I think Lamar is worth $50M a year? In the right offense, yes. In a Mahomes type offense or air raid offense? Absolutely not. But if you're willing to build your team around his abilities as a power runner, yes. 

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Goff is only 3 years older than Lamar. I'm not even saying I'm committing to Goff beyond his 2 year contract. But we have not seen a QB outside of Mahomes win a Super Bowl with a heavy cap hit which Lamar would require.

It's fair to say that the Lions shouldn't trade for Lamar given how Goff performed last year. Continuity is good. 

But some other posters argued that Goff is better than Lamar, which is going a bit too far. 

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Titans that should shed Tannehill

• Like 1

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Bigger 💩 Show currently airing?

Lamar and his Drama?

Or

Rodgers and his Drama?

Rodgers has been toned down this offseason and the Packers found a suitor almost immediately. Lamar's drama is next level cray cray behavior.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What if the Ravens want 2 FRP + another pick or two or possibly a starting level QB? Negotiating a trade gives them flexibility with the package that they receive. 

That will shrink the market, not make it bigger. Teams already have been able to make Lamar an offer that Lamar would take (one Baltimore wouldn’t match) and only give up 2 FRPs. There haven’t been any takers. So if Baltimore wants to then raise the price even more, then they’re going to get more offers? That doesn’t make sense.

And this public announcement isn’t coming from Baltimore, it’s from Lamar. What does it say about Lamar? Right now we know there aren’t takers for 2 FRPs + presumed mega deal. Baltimore’s not taking less than 2 FRPs, so the main variable is what Lamar’s willing to accept. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Rodgers has been toned down this offseason and the Packers found a suitor almost immediately. Lamar's drama is next level cray cray behavior.

True but the Rodgers deal should of been finished within 24hrs of his announcement. Dragging this out in a game of chicken weeks or months heading into the draft or god forbid TC is absurd.