Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I won't feel bad when a unicorn dies because they're not real, either.

Oh, no chance that the Packers end up in QB purgatory?

Of all the fanbases who deserve multiple decades of suckage, it's Green Bay fans. Only a few realize how lucky they've been for the past 30 or so years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Oh, no chance that the Packers end up in QB purgatory?

Of all the fanbases who deserve multiple decades of suckage, it's Green Bay fans. Only a few realize how lucky they've been for the past 30 or so years.

They can't even wrap their heads around the idea of having consecutive losing seasons let alone being in QB purgatory. Didn't you guys know we have the secret formula to HoF QBs? Apparently all it takes is 3 years of running the scout team and its a guarantee.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

What if I told you being pro-Raven doesn't mean you have to be anti-Lamar?

The Ravens are playing this right, by not being anti-Lamar.

Lamar likely still has that same massive contract on the table.

Edited by wackywabbit

11 minutes ago, Soko said:

Let’s just clarify something: you believe that Baltimore’s going to get more than 2 FRPs in a trade for Lamar + Lamar’s going to get his mega deal from the new team, and the team’s going to be okay with paying more than the tag designates because…they don’t want to deal with Baltimore matching, when the latter’s already indicated that they’re not paying him such deal?

I believe that if the Ravens ultimately decide to move on it will be via trade and that they'll receive more than 2 FRPs. I also believe that Lamar is going to get a mega deal either from the Ravens or whatever team acquires him. A team that trades for him also doesn't have to immediately give him a mega deal, they can literally just let him play out the tag, tag him again next year, etc. They have significantly more flexibility acquiring him via trade than they do via offer sheet, which would require the biggest contract in NFL history and the Ravens letting him go which would be only the 2nd time in history a tagged player left that way.

5 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

What if I told you being pro-Raven doesn't mean you have to be anti-Lamar?

The Ravens are playing this right, by not being anti-Lamar.

Lamar likely still has that same massive contract on the table.

What if I told you 95% of the pro-Lamar crowd on social media, sports radio etc. has been fervently anti-Raven, hence the purpose of his tweet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

What if I told you 95% of the pro-Lamar crowd on social media, sports radio etc. has been fervently anti-Raven, hence the purpose of his tweet

Your feed must be way different than mine then. I never really understand the audience you seem to be speaking to.

Or maybe I've just completely tuned them out. There will always be low quality takes.

Edited by wackywabbit

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Your feed must be way different than mine then. I never really understand the audience you seem to be speaking to.

Or maybe I've just completely tuned them out. There will always be low quality takes.

Guess so. Maybe turn on Baltimore sports radio, or go to any prominent ravens twitter user’s quote tweets/replies today. idk what to tell you, but the “ravens bad, ravens never built around lamar, ravens cheap and robbing lamar” takes have been constant. 

Edited by Ray Reed

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar's three years removed from winning MVP and has gotten worse each year since he won it

False. His 2022 season was better than his 2021 season. Slightly better passing, much better rushing. 

But a closer look reveals his production is tied to his supporting cast.

2019: Great O-line, RBs, TEs = MVP
2020: O-line attrition, TE attrition = very good, winning season (11-4). 
2021: Terrible O-line, RB corps devastated = worst season, but still in 1st place when Lamar is injured
2022: O-line bounces back by mid-way through season, RBs come back sporadically but not fully recovered, terrible WR corps with injury = still 1st place when Lamar is injured, but not as productive as 2019. 

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

False. His 2022 season was better than his 2021 season. Slightly better passing, much better rushing. 

But a closer look reveals his production is tied to his supporting cast.

2019: Great O-line, RBs, TEs = MVP
2020: O-line attrition, TE attrition = very good, winning season (11-4). 
2021: Terrible O-line, RB corps devastated = worst season, but still in 1st place when Lamar is injured
2022: O-line bounces back by mid-way through season, RBs come back sporadically but not fully recovered, terrible WR corps with injury = still 1st place when Lamar is injured, but not as productive as 2019. 

2021 - Rushing yards per game: 63.9 | Passing yards per game: 240.2

2022 - Rushing yards per game: 63.7 | Passing yards per game: 186.8

He started last year on a terror but really tapered off as the year went on. 

Over the first three games he had 750 passing yards (250 ypg), 243 rushing yards (81 ypg), and 12 total TD (10 passing/2 rushing) over the last 9 games he had 1,493 passing yards (166 ypg), 521 rushing yards (58 ypg), and 8 total TD (7 passing/1 rushing). 

Edited by NYRaider

12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Guess so. Maybe turn on Baltimore sports radio, or go to any prominent ravens twitter user’s quote tweets/replies today. idk what to tell you, but the “ravens bad, ravens never built around lamar, ravens cheap and robbing lamar” takes have been constant. 

Interesting... 

Is it a bad sign that I see more "Joe Flacco is a free agent, so we don't need him"?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

2021 - Rushing yards per game: 63.9 | Passing yards per game: 240.2

2022 - Rushing yards per game: 63.7 | Passing yards per game: 186.8

2021:
Passing DVOA: -2.9, 19th
Rushing DVOA: -2.0, 20th

2022: 
Passing DVOA: 5.5%, 14th
Rushing DVOA: 27.8%, 2nd

Look beyond the raw totals. Football is about efficiency and converting 1st downs, not accumulating yards. 

Edited by AngusMcFife
forgot % sign

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

2021:
Passing DVOA: -2.9, 19th
Rushing DVOA: -2.0, 20th

2022: 
Passing DVOA: 5.5%, 14th
Rushing DVOA: 27.8, 2nd

Look beyond the raw totals. Football is about efficiency and converting 1st downs, not accumulating yards. 

He started last year on a terror but really tapered off as the year went on. 

Over the first three games he had 750 passing yards (250 ypg), 243 rushing yards (81 ypg), and 12 total TD (10 passing/2 rushing) over the last 9 games he had 1,493 passing yards (166 ypg), 521 rushing yards (58 ypg), and 8 total TD (7 passing/1 rushing).