TCMD SIM Discussion

ny92mike

On 3/10/2023 at 4:21 AM, NYRaider said:

I'd love to do this sim with the team I built in TCMD.

You referring to the current mock we are doing now?  If so, yeah I'd love to at least run the sim with our current rosters.

If you have some time I could definitely use the help to set it up.

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You referring to the current mock we are doing now?  If so, yeah I'd love to at least run the sim with our current rosters.

If you have some time I could definitely use the help to set it up.

I'll help you just let me know.

On 3/8/2023 at 7:40 PM, ny92mike said:

I should have some time tonight and tomorrow to post more details on this.  I'll attempt to explain my vision of this and see if we can't start getting some structure to this discussion, we seem to be all over the place with this atm.

I picture this like tcmd when we first started doing that in this forum.  We created a pretty solid concept and each year we seem to add or structure things to make improvements.

Definitely sounds like something I would be interested in. 

• Like 1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u-73G2NAuYDcbnd9BjA_vyWJIX44LuGsdPMIQb7mLAA/edit?usp=sharing

I'm currently working on the game planning feature of this sim.

I could use some help with determining how you set your offensive line focus (pass protection, run block, or balanced) effects the stat lines of other positions. 

Balanced is the easy one, it simply doesn't change the stats.  Pass protection and run blocking is where I could use more than one set of eyes.

The concept is if you opt to focus on pass protection it's going to hurt the stats that focus on rushing and increase the stat lines related to passing.  I don't think anymore than a +/- 5 to 10% change is needed, if we get too high it will make stats less relevant which isn't what I'm trying to achieve here. 

I'll add some sample player stats so that you can see what these percentage changes would do to the irl stat lines to give you a better idea of what these percentages would do.

I've could also use some help with creating schemes and how those schemes should be displayed.  I'm currently using the following but if any of you guys have recommendations on a better set up please let me know.

Offensive Schemes
Air Raid
Multiple Power Run
Multiple Zone Run
Pistol/Option Power Run
Pistol/Option Spread
Pistol/Option Zone Run
Vertical Power Run
Vertical Zone Run
West Coast Power Run
West Coast Spread
West Coast Zone Run

Air Raid Multiple Power Run Multiple Zone Run Pistol/Option Power Run Pistol/Option Zone Run Pistol/Option Spread Vertical Power Run Vertical Zone Run West Coast Power Run West Coast Spread West Coast Zone Run
QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB QB
RB FB RB FB RB RB FB RB RB RB FB
WR RB WR RB WR WR RB WR WR WR RB
WR WR WR WR WR WR WR WR WR WR WR
WR TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE TE
LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT
LG LG LG LG LG LG LG LG LG LG LG
C C C C C C C C C C C
RG RG RG RG RG RG RG RG RG RG RG
RT RT RT RT RT RT RT RT RT RT RT
WR TE TE WR TE WR WR WR TE WR WR

Not really a fan of the layout.  Actually, not even sure how relevant it is outside of the number of players at each position.  Added FB, having 2 TE or 3 to 4 wideouts.  This is really all I need to know not where they'll be lined up.  

Defense

Base 34 / Cover 2
Base 34 / Cover 3
Base 34 / Man to Man
Base 34 / Quarters
Base 34 / Under
Base 43 / Cover 2
Base 43 / Cover 3
Base 43 / Man to Man
Base 43 / Quarters
Base 43 / Under
Disguise 34 / Cover 2
Disguise 34 / Cover 3
Disguise 34 / Man to Man
Disguise 34 / Quarters
Disguise 34 / Under  

Base 34 / Cover 2 Base 34 / Cover 3 Base 34 / Man to Man Base 34 / Quarters Base 34 / Under Base 43 / Cover 2 Base 43 / Cover 3 Base 43 / Man to Man Base 43 / Quarters Base 43 / Under Disguise 34 / Cover 2 Disguise 34 / Cover 3 Disguise 34 / Man to Man Disguise 34 / Quarters Disguise 34 / Under
LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE LDE
NT NT NT NT NT LDT LDT LDT LDT LDT NT NT NT NT NT
RDE RDE RDE RDE RDE RDT RDT RDT RDT RDT RDE RDE RDE RDE RDE
LOLB LOLB LOLB LOLB LOLB RDE RDE RDE RDE RDE LOLB LOLB LOLB LOLB LOLB
LILB LILB LILB LILB LILB LOLB LOLB LOLB LOLB LOLB LILB LILB LILB LILB LILB
RILB RILB RILB RILB RILB ILB ILB ILB ILB ILB RILB RILB RILB RILB RILB
ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB ROLB
CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB
SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS SS
FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS FS
CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB CB

57 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I've could also use some help with creating schemes and how those schemes should be displayed.  I'm currently using the following but if any of you guys have recommendations on a better set up please let me know.

Offensive Schemes
Air Raid
Multiple Power Run
Multiple Zone Run
Pistol/Option Power Run
Pistol/Option Spread
Pistol/Option Zone Run
Vertical Power Run
Vertical Zone Run
West Coast Power Run
West Coast Spread
West Coast Zone Run

What if we had (TRYING to keep it simple for setup) like pictures from say the Madden video game of a few packages (like 2-3 per game) that we were going to focus on that week (each could have it's own run/pass efficiency ratings)? Then to add some nuance you could have sliders built in for GM designing his offense that says, for example, pass aggressive from this package, run aggressive from this, balanced from this? I'm just thinking out loud. Too hard to set up Mike??

On defense you could have your base, and just put sliders for % prepared for WR1, %for RB, TE, etc? Might help you focus on specific opponents for that week, but it's a quick slider adjustment. 

And here I think is a good suggestion. We just want to nail down one idea or setting at a time. 

Let's start with roster size. Easiest thing to agree on IMO. And I think 90 is wildly unnecessary. I would vote for something between like 55-70 in offseason. It's just extra adding and subtracting for whoever is putting in the legwork. Starting roster is 22-30ish, and one backup for every two starters-ish. Seems like enough.

I think 60 might be a solid number. Even that might be a few too many.

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

What if we had (TRYING to keep it simple for setup) like pictures from say the Madden video game of a few packages (like 2-3 per game) that we were going to focus on that week (each could have it's own run/pass efficiency ratings)? Then to add some nuance you could have sliders built in for GM designing his offense that says, for example, pass aggressive from this package, run aggressive from this, balanced from this? I'm just thinking out loud. Too hard to set up Mike??

On defense you could have your base, and just put sliders for % prepared for WR1, %for RB, TE, etc? Might help you focus on specific opponents for that week, but it's a quick slider adjustment. 

Sorry man I'm not following what you mean by the pictures of madden.  You'll have to break it down more for this old brain...ha.

It's been awhile since I've played madden but taking schemes from madden wouldn't be a bad idea.  For what I was thinking the schemes is really just to figure out how many players at each position I need to account for when calculating.  For example, 43 defense my position titles are 2 edge, 2 IDL, 3 LB, 2 S, 2 CB.  34 defense is 2 edge, 3 IDL, 2 LB , 2 S, 2 CB

Could expand that to include sub packages to include Nickel back or 3rd safety etc.

8 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Sorry man I'm not following what you mean by the pictures of madden.  You'll have to break it down more for this old brain...ha.

It's been awhile since I've played madden but taking schemes from madden wouldn't be a bad idea.  For what I was thinking the schemes is really just to figure out how many players at each position I need to account for when calculating.  For example, 43 defense my position titles are 2 edge, 2 IDL, 3 LB, 2 S, 2 CB.  34 defense is 2 edge, 3 IDL, 2 LB , 2 S, 2 CB

Could expand that to include sub packages to include Nickel back or 3rd safety etc.

I mean you're right. Your way is simpler. This picture I added has some Strong-I, Singleback, Pistol, etc. It may be more than is necessary if simplicity is truly our goal. Just thought it might add to the Gameplanning aspect without going BDL-level in depth.

I was thinking if you were playing a team with say a Davante Adams, Zeke Elliott, but horrible #2 WR and average TE you might plan one way. Another team built more like Buffalo you might try another. Rather than just saying overall 53% aggressiveness changing to 55% aggressiveness. We can debate this for quite a while. But let's not rush our decision.

4o53g05suwb31.png