TCMD SIM Discussion

ny92mike

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Those that are interested in this.

Which would you prefer?

1. fantasy draft each player on your roster at the start of the season?
    1. This would include their current contract structure.
  2. select a team you're a fan of to start the first year.
  3. Combination of taking 5 to 10 players from the team you select and then fantasy draft or free agency to fill the rest of your roster.

Hmm.. 2 or 3 would interest me the most 

Btw, my apologoes to everyone. Apparently despite your efforts to try to get ahold of me I did not get any messages or any notifications of being tagged at all so I had. No idea if started. I did not intentionally flick out on operating the Saints

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

NFL Head Coach had so much potential, but just wasnt nearly in depth enough.

I’m not sure if you’ve ever played FM, but I’ve always dreamed of Sega picking it up and having both college and NFL be in the game. Would be incredibly in depth but so simple at the same time 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I’m not sure if you’ve ever played FM, but I’ve always dreamed of Sega picking it up and having both college and NFL be in the game. Would be incredibly in depth but so simple at the same time 

Sega was such an underrated system too!. I have messed around with FM a little but not overly familiar with its depth

Edited by wwhickok

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Sega was such an underrated system too!. I have messed around with FM a little but not overly familiar with its depth

What I like about FM were a lot of the things I liked about Head Coach. I love building the roster and staff, which is what I love about TCMD. FM is legitimately the only game I’ve ever had to consciously say I need to start playing less lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Take the TCMD teams then sim a season, or are you wanting to do a new draft ??

Well the problem is that the same GM's aren't all going to be doing this and any new GM coming in isn't going to want to take a team that already drafted.

We may not have time to build this and start it this year, that would be a lot of work.

I think the best idea is to set this up now while it's fresh and we can take our time to build it for next season.

• Like 1

One of the things I like about the sim is things like trades.  I see a lot of trades in this current mock where players only have one year on their contract.  Giants GM did this with Leonard Williams and it cost us big, it's still costing the team.  I think some of those types of trades would be more limited.

Trading future draft picks would be worth something in this type of mock.  Not relying on all of these draft prospects to fill holes in the roster.  

Just a lot of little things would change I think.  Definitely make it more interesting, imo.

Like I said before I've always wanted to build one of these keeper leagues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

questions i have

1. how are the initial rosters acquired?
    1. start with a team
    2. draft/auction positions off NFL teams
    3. player by player draft/auction
  2. how is the in season simulation done
    1. based on players on each team
    2. submitted game plan
    3. ???
  3. how are the subsequent player APY set

Getting ahead of myself, and not everyone will understand.

But Mike I think the best roster maintenance and draft setup is basically a rough copy of BDL. Rookie draft like TCMD. Free agency like TCMD/BDL.

With the game sim, formations/strategies/sliders set much more like the Nacho Sim league.

Any serious objections @ny92mike?

And by the way, I can recruit another 3-5 quality participants. 
Also, just my opinion…but best way (most fun too) to set up initial rosters is a NFL wide fantasy draft. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

But Mike I think the best roster maintenance and draft setup is basically a rough copy of BDL. Rookie draft like TCMD. Free agency like TCMD/BDL.

Which parts of BDL are you referring to?  

With the game sim, formations/strategies/sliders set much more like the Nacho Sim league.

Nachos sim is very similar to what I'm looking to do but to my knowledge his isn't based on stats.

Also, just my opinion…but best way (most fun too) to set up initial rosters is a NFL wide fantasy draft. 

I'm good with a fantasy draft I just think people have a personal attachment to their team which is why I mentioned doing a combination of selecting a team and fantasy/ FA to fill the rest of the roster.

11 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I have no idea how BDL/Nacho works,

full draft would take a really long time.  probably better to go with auction in that case as teams would be able to bid on players.  owners with mahomes, Burrow, other top young QB are way ahead of the curve for a sim

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I have no idea how BDL/Nacho works,

full draft would take a really long time.  probably better to go with auction in that case as teams would be able to bid on players.  owners with mahomes, Burrow, other top young QB are way ahead of the curve for a sim

Good point.  I do recall that being a discussion a few years back that it would take weeks to draft all of these players.  

Without going into all the hurdles I kinda like the idea of picking a team where you take either the entire roster of the top 10 or so players and then free agency the rest to fill the roster.

The first thing and we've hit a snag...haha.