Who is Your Number 1 Free Agency Target? Poll

brownie man

If you could one free agent who would you pick?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your number 1 target?

• Javon Hargrave
    • Marcus Davenport
    • DreMont Jones
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Jessie Bates
    • Chauncey Gardner Johnson
    • Other (please list)

47 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

So how does this work though? They restructure every year, AKA kick the can down the road until his final year under contract? I’m just trying to see the big picture with these types of moves.

Yeah, pretty much.

Kick the can, open up as much space as possible and one day have a big tab to pay.  Hopefully that day is a decade and many playoff games and Super Bowls later.

Some folks won’t like it, I’m looking at you Thomas, but it’s what every team is doing to maximize their cap space and win as much as possible while they have a window to do so.  Not doing this would be almost offensive to me as someone who’s seen more **** football in the last 20 years than most fanbase would in two or three times as many years.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Interested to see if MKC is actually dialed in to us signing a specific pair of defensive players, or if she is throwing jello at the wall using logic and hoping that her guesses prove right.

Seems to me she is 'strongly suggesting' that the Browns are going to go hard after Dre'mont Jones, for better or worse. It makes sense, he is 26 and is a Browns fan from Cleveland/Ohio State and the Browns desperately need talent on the interior. The only downside to Dre'mont is that he is more of a pass rusher than stout run defender. He would be great, but just know if the Browns get him they still need to invest more resources into a run stopping DT next to him. Remember that season Malik McDowell had for us 2 years ago before getting arrested? Thats kinda how Dre'mont plays. Very similar to McDowell. Sheds blocks and slices upfield to make TFLs and pressures, but dont expect him to sit there and hold the point of attack against the run. The Broncos shifted him some to DE on rushing downs and kicked him inside on passing downs.

The other player that just makes sense that is reported a ton is Brandin Cooks. Hes 29, fast, downfield threat compliment to Cooper who also has experience with Watson. That one is just kind of a no brainer perfect match.

I wouldnt be shocked to see the Browns walk away from today with Jones/Cooks. That would be a solid start to FA.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Interested to see if MKC is actually dialed in to us signing a specific pair of defensive players, or if she is throwing jello at the wall using logic and hoping that her guesses prove right.

As much as we crap on a lot of media members, she’s been right more than pretty much anyone else.

• Like 1

Dre’Mont Jones seems like the classic FA overpay.  Not to diminish him as a player, he’s good, but he’s gonna get paid like he’s great as he’s the second best DT available.

Pay top shelf money for elite players or go bargain shopping and hope you did your homework.

Paying good players like great players is how you kill a salary cap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Dre’Mont is a flashy and sometimes disruptive player, but he’s not a consistent anchor in the middle. I would be happy to have him but not if he is our only solution at DT and if he’s getting top dollar.

Jeff Phelps is on the ESPN radio right now saying if the Browns want to change their entire defense, then go hard after both Hargrave/Jones and wait on WR because they are easier to find/replace. Which......I really agree with lol

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Jeff Phelps is on the ESPN radio right now saying if the Browns want to change their entire defense, then go hard after both Hargrave/Jones and wait on WR because they are easier to find/replace. Which......I really agree with lol

Oh both of them eh?  😂 

I’ll pass.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh both of them eh?  😂 

I’ll pass.

Screw it why not, they will be able to pick up a decent WR later on for much cheaper (like Hardman), go turn your weakness into a strength with both DTs lol

If only the Browns invested in their DL the same way they pour money and assets into the OL

Edited by AkronsWitness

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

These dudes dont know what they are talking about, Having Hargrave at 1-tech would be Pittsburgh all over again. They totally wasted 4 years of his career not having him at 3 tech, this wouldn't make sense at all because they are essentially the same position. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Screw it why not, they will be able to pick up a decent WR later on for much cheaper (like Hardman), go turn your weakness into a strength with both DTs lol

I’m not saying we need to pay a WR nor that we shouldn’t invest in our DL.  I think one premier FA at any position is plenty.  Sign Ngakoue, Edmonds, Bates, CGJ, etc.. we have holes that aren’t DT.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If only the Browns invested in their DL the same way they pour money and assets into the OL

We’ve signed one big name FA and spent one first rounder on the group of 5.  The rest have been resigning talent developed here at generally decent deals.  They’re actually elite players for their positions making pro bowls and all pros. Those are guys you want to retain.