Who is Your Number 1 Free Agency Target? Poll

brownie man

If you could one free agent who would you pick?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your number 1 target?

• Javon Hargrave
    • Marcus Davenport
    • DreMont Jones
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Jessie Bates
    • Chauncey Gardner Johnson
    • Other (please list)

If Daron Payne would’ve made it to free agency he would’ve been my number 1 choice. 

But he didn’t so mines is Jessie Bates. I just love his game and how his skill set finishes our back 7. I also like how you guarantee weakening a division opponent. 

I also think this is a deep draft on the Dline. I think there are starters 4 rounds deep. 

but I’d like to know everyone else’s choices since we know who’s been tagged now. 

Hargrave without a doubt.

I'd also be fine with a mid-tier splash signing like Floyd at the EDGE and please give me one of the 5 capable MIKE LB available as well. There are even a few decent average to above average FS options out there that don't even have to be big time names. Just give me average on the S end and great on the DL with a good MLB.

If finances were no option, probably Hargrave...or Davenport, whom I've always been extremely high on.

Given that we're broke, I voted "Other."

My "Other" option would be Greg Gaines or Mat Ioannidis. Ideally both for relatively cheap. If forced to pick 1, give me Greg Gaines due to age and our complete inability to stop the run.

• Like 1

My Ideal FA:

1. Matt Ioannidis DT (1 year, 4.5 mil)
2. Greg Gaines DT (4 year, 18 mil)
3. Eric Rowe FS (2 year, 6 mil)
4. Essang Bassey CB (2 year, 2 mil)
5. Shaq Quarterman MLB (3 year, 5 mil)

Something like that would be wonderful. Maybe throw in a slot WR like Berrios, Dortch, or Scotty Miller. Then we go EDGE and LB in the draft.

13 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

If finances were no option, probably Hargrave...or Davenport, whom I've always been extremely high on.

Given that we're broke, I voted "Other."

My "Other" option would be Greg Gaines or Mat Ioannidis. Ideally both for relatively cheap. If forced to pick 1, give me Greg Gaines due to age and our complete inability to stop the run.

We can create like 55 million in cap space from restructuring. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’d be smart to let most of that hold over or we’re gonna keep screwing ourselves harder and harder every year. 

Oh now you’re worried about the cap lol

You’ve clowned the cap space concern for a decade plus when we sucked *** and now that we’ve got the most talented roster in 35 years it’s time to hedge bets?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We can create like 55 million in cap space from restructuring. 

Sure. And unlike @sdrawkcab321, I don't really care about the cap. By trading for Watson, for better or for worse, we're in win-now mode. There is no tomorrow for us. If we have a window to win, it's within the next 1-3 years IMO. Let's go all-in.

That said, I highly doubt we end up with $55mil to spend after restructures. I'm guessing more like $30mil at best. Doubt we are going to be landing any of the big names anyways, given that we're the hapless Browns and won't be in position to grossly overpay, which is what brought us the bigger names in the past.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’ve clowned the cap space concern for a decade plus when we sucked *** and now that we’ve got the most talented roster in 35 years it’s time to hedge bets?

I mean there is no point and saving money if you are Berry. You have 23 and 24 maybe. After that you probably won’t have a job in Cleveland unless they win the AFC. 

• Like 2

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

Sure. And unlike @sdrawkcab321, I don't really care about the cap. By trading for Watson, for better or for worse, we're in win-now mode. There is no tomorrow for us. If we have a window to win, it's within the next 1-3 years IMO. Let's go all-in.

That said, I highly doubt we end up with $55mil to spend after restructures. I'm guessing more like $30mil at best. Doubt we are going to be landing any of the big names anyways, given that we're the hapless Browns and won't be in position to grossly overpay, which is what brought us the bigger names in the past.

I think Watson and the rest of this roster will be more appealing to players than maybe we think.  We’re obviously not in the same tier as KC, etc, but those type of teams can only sign so many guys.

If someone wants paid AND the opportunity to compete we’re a good bet.

2 minutes ago, JDD said:

I mean there is no point and saving money if you are Berry. You have 23 and 24 maybe. After that you probably won’t have a job in Cleveland unless they win the AFC. 

Yep.  Go all in, show you can build a competitive team and if a short term retool has to happen in 3-4 years due to cap issues you’ve at least shown an ability to build a winner. 

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s an issue because the more you kick restructures down the road the more it’s gonna hurt eventually.