Who is Your Number 1 Free Agency Target? Poll

brownie man

If you could one free agent who would you pick?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s your number 1 target?

• Javon Hargrave
    • Marcus Davenport
    • DreMont Jones
    • Bobby Wagner
    • Jessie Bates
    • Chauncey Gardner Johnson
    • Other (please list)

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying we need to pay a WR nor that we shouldn’t invest in our DL.  I think one premier FA at any position is plenty.  Sign Ngakoue, Edmonds, Bates, CGJ, etc.. we have holes that aren’t DT.

We’ve signed one big name FA and spent one first rounder on the group of 5.  The rest have been resigning talent developed here at generally decent deals.  They’re actually elite players for their positions making pro bowls and all pros. Those are guys you want to retain.

Problem is without solving the DT issue it creates a snowball effect that ruins the rest of your defense behind them. While it is nice to get a good SS, it wont matter if any team can run the ball up the middle for 6 yards on you every play like the Ravens/Steelers did. We tried the draft/develop route with DL with Elliott/Togai/ect and they have not turned out like the OL so we have to spend to fix the issue. 

I would just like to see the Browns recognize that their baby is ugly and they have 0 starting caliber players on their interior right now and go make a real move to solidify the position

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Problem is without solving the DT issue it creates a snowball effect that ruins the rest of your defense behind them. While it is nice to get a good SS, it wont matter if any team can run the ball up the middle for 6 yards on you every play like the Ravens/Steelers did. We tried the draft/develop route with DL with Elliott/Togai/ect and they have not turned out like the OL so we have to spend to fix the issue. 

I would just like to see the Browns recognize that their baby is ugly and they have 0 starting caliber players on their interior right now and go make a real move to solidify the position

“Starting caliber player” doesn’t have to be the top remaining FA who’s likely to get overpaid.

My issue isn’t paying a DT, it’s our biggest need, I get it.  My issue is paying Jones who’s “good”, “decent”, etc as though he’s a top tier starter.

Id rather pay a top tier starter at another position and find a short term fix at DT while drafting a guy or two on day 2 next month.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, wouldn’t want to lose out on a bidding war for a guy who’s almost guaranteed to get you about 6 sacks a year and play middling at best run defense… 

sick puke GIF

When was the last time the Browns had a interior DL player get 6+ sacks in a season. I dont love getting into a bidding war for him, but if they are able to land him for 18M a year at 26 years old, that is a move you have to make.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

When was the last time the Browns had a interior DL player get 6+ sacks in a season.

What’s the relevance of this?  Has not having a 6 sack DT been what’s holding us back?  Is the 3 sack difference between he and Taven Bryan that significant to you?

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont love getting into a bidding war for him, but if they are able to land him for 18M a year at 26 years old, that is a move you have to make.

18 a year would put him between Jonathan Allen and Vea.  You think he’s that good?  I sure as **** don’t.

https://overthecap.com/position/interior-defensive-line

Look at that list.  There are two types of players making anything close to that amount.  Legit studs and guys who hit UFA and got overpaid.  Which do you think Jones is more similar to?

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What’s the relevance of this?  Has not having a 6 sack DT been what’s holding us back?  Is the 3 sack difference between he and Taven Bryan that significant to you?

18 a year would put him between Jonathan Allen and Vea.  You think he’s that good?  I sure as **** don’t.

https://overthecap.com/position/interior-defensive-line

Look at that list.  There are two types of players making anything close to that amount.  Legit studs and guys who hit UFA and got overpaid.  Which do you think Jones is more similar to?

Having a player who is able to be a good threat at getting pressure up the middle certainly makes your entire defense look different. I wouldnt say its holding the Browns back, but having absolute zero on the IDL has certainly caused the a ripple effect for the entire defense. Like I said in another post, he is very similar to that Malik McDowell season from 2 years ago...when our DL looked great and caused havoc and nobody was just jamming the ball down our throats. I dont think you need Aaron Donald or Chris Jones there to make a huge impact. McDowell made a huge impact to our overall defense in 2021 simply by posing a constant threat and being a + player.