Vikings no longer hooked on a Thielen

swede700

The year was 2014. On the final day of November, a little-known player found his way to the end zone for the first time in his career. Vikings receiver Adam Thielen, who had one snap on offense and 20 on special teams that day, slipped up the middle on a punt, blocked it, recovered it, and returned it for a touchdown.

It happened against the Panthers, the team Thielen officially joined on Sunday.

The 30-yard return of a blocked punt, which happened with seven minutes left in the opening quarter, became a franchise record. It lasted less for less than 15 minutes of clock time. With 9:35 to play in the half, defensive end Everson Griffen returned another blocked punt 43 yards for a score.

Thielen would catch only eight passes for 137 yards that year. He’d generate only 144 yards the next. His career finally took off in 2016, with 967 receiving yards. Well before that, he helped cement his opportunity through special teams, and his special play on November 30, 2014 helped the Vikings beat the team Thielen has now joined.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/20/adam-thielen-scored-his-first-career-td-against-the-panthers-the-hard-way/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have always liked Baratz when I've heard him speak before and this makes me even like him better.  It's nice to hear an agent that actually can understand both sides and be able to communicate effectively with his client on that point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thielen: "I think there are like two sides of it. It was a bummer. I didn't want to leave Minnesota. I wanted to end my career there. Obviously, that would be the perfect fairy tale way to do it, right? But that's not reality. I'm so thankful for that organization, Kwesi and Kevin and the staff. The way they handled this throughout the process was first-class."

"You know, it's really hard to explain the entire situation. I don't think there was ever a point where I was unhappy with what I was doing. It was just pretty clear that they had a different vision for me than maybe I had for a way that I could help the team win games. There wasn't a wrong thing. There wasn't disrespect on either side. I think it was just time for both sides to move on."

Thielen left the Vikings third in team history with 534 receptions and 55 receiving touchdowns and fourth with 6,682 receiving yards.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10075154-adam-thielen-i-wanted-to-end-career-with-vikings-min-had-different-vision-for-me

• Like 3