Vikings no longer hooked on a Thielen

swede700

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

I agree with this. I would be shocked if he got more than 12M guaranteed in free agency.

I don't believe he was ever against taking a paycut, but it may have been how much of a paycut he was being offered that he didn't agree with. 

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't believe he was ever against taking a paycut, but it may have been how much of a paycut he was being offered that he didn't agree with. 

I don’t think the issue was financially based as much as it was role based. 

Thielen was clearly the 4th option in the passing game. Hockenson came in and developed a fast rapport with Cousins, easily making him the #2 target. And by the end of the season Osborn looked to have supplanted Thielen as the team’s WR2. 

I think a team will sign Thielen expecting to get that #2 wide out, but I think they’ll learn real quick that Thielen is not the player he once was. 

This reminds me of the Kyle Rudolph move a couple years ago. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think the issue was financially based as much as it was role based. 

Thielen was clearly the 4th option in the passing game. Hockenson came in and developed a fast rapport with Cousins, easily making him the #2 target. And by the end of the season Osborn looked to have supplanted Thielen as the team’s WR2. 

I think a team will sign Thielen expecting to get that #2 wide out, but I think they’ll learn real quick that Thielen is not the player he once was. 

This reminds me of the Kyle Rudolph move a couple years ago. 

This. Though I think Thielen has more left than Rudolph did.

3 hours ago, SotanKing said:

Some shade from Thielen's wife earlier today on instagram...not sure how you could say Thielen wasn't given opportunity here. He also had 107 targets last year which is fairly good for a WR2

Why does it seem like players wives always play the victim role.

21 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Why does it seem like players wives always play the victim role.

Because they can.  They fire the bullets so their husband doesn't have to.  Although, both of them clearly knew it was likely at the end of the season.  She made that evident. 

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Because they can.  They fire the bullets so their husband doesn't have to.  Although, both of them clearly knew it was likely at the end of the season.  She made that evident. 

Just a weird hill to be on when they havent been slighted at all, atleast to me.

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

Just a weird hill to be on when they havent been slighted at all, atleast to me.

Again, we don't know what the team was asking for, so while it might be weird, there certainly could be some sort of justification.

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I wonder if Thielen might see about catching on with a team like the Chiefs or Bills to get a ring. I could see him wanting to do that as well.

Both of the teams that came to my mind. Pair back up with his old buddy Diggs. 

Thielen goes to KC there’s about no chance Ju Ju stays right?

5 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Both of the teams that came to my mind. Pair back up with his old buddy Diggs. 

Thielen goes to KC there’s about no chance Ju Ju stays right?

Yeah, JuJu ain't staying regardless.  But, I also can't imagine Adam going there, because I don't know how he'd fit in that offensive scheme.  Buffalo, though, would certainly be a good fit.  Other teams that have the potential for a title that I could see him fitting in are Cowboys, Chargers or even the 49ers.