Steelers Releasing William Jackson

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

hopefully the era of trading for /signing players that have near 8 digit cap values yet never even play.  How often does this happen? 

Probably not too often, but when it’s injury related like that I have to imagine it does indeed happen. Especially since it was a midseason trade. Can’t remember off the top of my head. Better than the Giants and Golladay, lol.

You guys balanced WJIII out with fleecing the Bears for Claypool.

36 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Probably not too often, but when it’s injury related like that I have to imagine it does indeed happen. Especially since it was a midseason trade. Can’t remember off the top of my head. Better than the Giants and Golladay, lol.

You guys balanced WJIII out with fleecing the Bears for Claypool.

plus the WJ3 appears to not be a cap wreck if released. Ironic that the Steelers wanted to draft WJ3 but he got snagged by the Bengals just before the Steelers took artie burns only to have this happen years later

Claypool trade was a goo done, maybe it balances out, see what they do with the #32 pick though

5 hours ago, 3rivers said:

hopefully the era of trading for /signing players that have near 8 digit cap values yet never even play.  How often does this happen? 

Dude, it was for a conditional 2025 6th rounder, which they wont even get now.

We literally gave up nothing.

19 hours ago, 43M said:

Dude, it was for a conditional 2025 6th rounder, which they wont even get now.

We literally gave up nothing.

He has been informed before but still must *****. It literally cost us pennies and no picks to see if he could make it back from injury.