Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

28 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Redraft whole league minus keepers.  It it's essentially a rookie draft and dabble in a few non rookies and defenses 

That is beyond horrible then. Even though this isn't superflex, the roster restrictions make a guyblike Lamar extra valuable and make a Geno Smith nearly waiver fodder

Geno doesn't even have a secure job. If every team gets 12 keepers than 12×16= 192 players gone. Then 42 more before the 3.10 comes up? Lol.

Tyler boyd

Aaron Jones backup

Geno Smith 

For Lamar. No way

• Like 4

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Even if that were Brock Purdy. Tua, dak maybe I could see it if someone was terrified of Lamar getting hurt or something. But Geno Smith?

He's using 2022 stats where Geno had 5 more games I guess. Plus mobile Qbs are risky I guess so they must be discounted or something 

3 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

He's using 2022 stats where Geno had 5 more games I guess. Plus mobile Qbs are risky I guess so they must be discounted or something 

I just saw that "geno was a top 5 qb in 2022!".. as if that is relevant. Its either collusion or the owner who accepted that doesn't understand fantasy (or your league's rules) 

• Like 2

Current Superflex Dynasty Roster:

QB: Bryce Young (only QB and it's terrifying)

RB: Gibbs, Kyren, Jacobs, Singletary, Gibson

WR: Chase, Nacua, Aiyuk, Doubs, Palmer, M. Williams

TE: Freiermuth, Okonkwo

Notable 2024 Picks: 1.08. 1.12, 2.02

Obvious need at QB, the question is how to go about addressing it.

What deal combos could you make to target a back end QB1 (Herbert, Love, Kyler) or 1.01/1.02 for Caleb/Jayden? Or should I sorta stand pat and see what falls in the rookie draft and maybe snag a QB duo of Nix/Penix.

I have had some offers for Aiyuk for 1.06, but I'm not sure that JJ/Maye would last to that pick, or that they would even be worth dealing Aiyuk for at this point.. Thoughts/suggestions? 

17 hours ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Gibbs is the piece I would try moving, he should be more valuable than Aiyuk and you really don't need him if you are confident in Kyren to hold his job.

Marv and Nabers will go ahead of Maye and JJ almost 100% of the time, so getting that 1.6 is a good idea. I'd either try to get a top 6 pick+ for Gibbs or just send Aiyuk for the pick and then move Gibbs for a WR+ a pick or two. 

I would then take odunze or Bowers at 108 and Nix at 1.11 to get you up to 3 starting QBs.  At the 2.02 you could go anywhere depending on whats available. Brooks, Benson, WR or even Penix

Edited by adamq

On 4/30/2024 at 11:36 AM, adamq said:

Gibbs is the piece I would try moving, he should be more valuable than Aiyuk and you really don't need him if you are confident in Kyren to hold his job.

Marv and Nabers will go ahead of Maye and JJ almost 100% of the time, so getting that 1.6 is a good idea. I'd either try to get a top 6 pick+ for Gibbs or just send Aiyuk for the pick and then move Gibbs for a WR+ a pick or two. 

I would then take odunze or Bowers at 108 and Nix at 1.11 to get you up to 3 starting QBs.  At the 2.02 you could go anywhere depending on whats available. Brooks, Benson, WR or even Penix

I wouldn't move Gibbs but I am biased.  I dont trust Kyren to repeat as he feels like the RB that has a year or two and then is replaced.  Gibbs will get more touches this year and his role is more locked in IMO.  Kyren is one I would move while his value is high.  

I agree on the rest of it though.  One of the top 4 QBs should be there at 6 and if not you get Nabers or Harrison.  If thats the case than take Nix at 1.8 but not over one of the top 2 WRs.  Could potentially walk away with Penix at 11 too which may not be great this year but he will be the starter sooner than later, especially with Cousins coming back from an achillies injury. 

On 4/29/2024 at 5:54 PM, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

QB: Bryce Young (only QB and it's terrifying)

RB: Gibbs, Kyren, Jacobs, Singletary, Gibson

WR: Chase, Nacua, Aiyuk, Doubs, Palmer, M. Williams

TE: Freiermuth, Okonkwo

Notable 2024 Picks: 1.08. 1.12, 2.02

Obvious need at QB, the question is how to go about addressing it.

What deal combos could you make to target a back end QB1 (Herbert, Love, Kyler) or 1.01/1.02 for Caleb/Jayden? Or should I sorta stand pat and see what falls in the rookie draft and maybe snag a QB duo of Nix/Penix.

I have had some offers for Aiyuk for 1.06, but I'm not sure that JJ/Maye would last to that pick, or that they would even be worth dealing Aiyuk for at this point.. Thoughts/suggestions? 

Another option would be to try and get Fields cheap.  I have a feeling he will start there by the end of the year and will be their starter going forward so if you can get him cheap it would be worth a swing.  Also maybe trying to grab a cheap young guy like Levis or Minshew who should cost significantly less than moving up in the draft.  I would definnitely use your WR depth to try and move up.  Either trading a top WR for a top pick or adding a depth WR to 1.8 or 1.12 to move up.  

• Like 1

@Sllim Pickens @adamq

I ended up dealing away Gibbs and got back 1.05, 2.09, and a 2nd in 25'

Had a whole mess of picks that turned into Maye, Penix Jr., Bowers, Worthy, and Coleman, so my roster now looks like this:

QB: Young, Maye, Penix Jr.

RB: Kyren, Jacobs, Singletary, Gibson, Guerendo/Mitchell, Laube

WR: Chase, Puka, Aiyuk, Worthy, Coleman, Doubs, Palmer, Baker

TE: Bowers, Freiermuth, Okonkwo, T. Johnson, All

I like the balance of the team a lot better with the strength at WR rather than RB, while at least giving myself a chance at QB lol. I don't have a 1st next year so it was important to take some swings at QB, and then try and address RB with a two 2nds and a better incoming RB class in 25'. I may not be competing this year, but I like the outlook going forward.

Thoughts on the overall turnover? 

12 minutes ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

@Sllim Pickens @adamq

I ended up dealing away Gibbs and got back 1.05, 2.09, and a 2nd in 25'

Had a whole mess of picks that turned into Maye, Penix Jr., Bowers, Worthy, and Coleman, so my roster now looks like this:

QB: Young, Maye, Penix Jr.

RB: Kyren, Jacobs, Singletary, Gibson, Guerendo/Mitchell, Laube

WR: Chase, Puka, Aiyuk, Worthy, Coleman, Doubs, Palmer, Baker

TE: Bowers, Freiermuth, Okonkwo, T. Johnson, All

I like the balance of the team a lot better with the strength at WR rather than RB, while at least giving myself a chance at QB lol. I don't have a 1st next year so it was important to take some swings at QB, and then try and address RB with a two 2nds and a better incoming RB class in 25'. I may not be competing this year, but I like the outlook going forward.

You are pretty weak at RB after the top 2 so have to hope for no injuries or any loss of touches for Kyren.  Penix Jr. obviously doesn't do much for this year but you definitely are in a much better spot at QB and TE.  WR is a strength for sure with extra depth.  I would try and move one of Aiyuk/Worthy/Coleman/Doubs/Friermuth/Okonkwo with Singletary or Gibson for an upgrade at RB. 

Is that Keaton Mitchell at RB?  If so I like it for a lotto ticket but he could also be a cut candidate.  Laube and Guerendo are solid lotto tickets as well but I don't trust either at this point to provide anything.  Singletary has one last chance for the NYG but won't be an option much beyond this year if even that IMO.  Gibson is a big question mark too moving to New England with a new coaching staff and Stevenson to compete with for touches.  

Overall I think you are in better shape for sure and set up well for the future.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

I really like that trade to secure a young, top 3 NFL pick QB for the future. I assume either Penix or Coleman came from the 2nd, both good prospects and fit the roster pretty well though I wouldn't hesitate to flip coleman for a 25 1st+ if he starts out hot given the strong WRs you have 

My only issue is that Maye could sit for awhile and leave you without a 2nd QB to start.. of Brissett (and Darnold/Stidham) are on waivers I'd try adding them in place of a TE or two

• Like 1

JERMAINE BURTON and JAYLEN WRIGHT are the two biggest "steals" in rookie drafts right now. I've drafted then both in the early-mid 3rd so many times it's not funny. BEN SINNOT was way too low for awhile but I'm seeing him go in the mid 2nd wh3re he belongs now

1 hour ago, adamq said:

JERMAINE BURTON and JAYLEN WRIGHT are the two biggest "steals" in rookie drafts right now. I've drafted then both in the early-mid 3rd so many times it's not funny. BEN SINNOT was way too low for awhile but I'm seeing him go in the mid 2nd wh3re he belongs now

Its tough to call out steals this early not knowing how guys are falling into their depth charts but Burton seems like a guy who should be a steal in the 3rd round.  If he overtakes the Tee Higgins role in 2025, that's a big win. I don't think he is a full time slot guy to replace Boyd and is more so insurance for when Tee leaves but he is definitely a name to pay attention to.  Most sites I have seen have him in the 22-26 range so getting him mid-3rd in a 12 team is good value. 

Jaylen Wright is tough for me.  He is a great fit in Miami with his speed but seems like a backup to Achane more than a compliment like Mostert.  Mostert is obviously aging and its rare RBs play well into their 30s so him being 32 likely means he wont be around long but at the same time only has 674 career carries so maybe his legs last another year or two.  I think Wright is one of those that may have a disappointing rookie year but have a much better career if you keep him beyond this year.  Similarly to Burton, if you're getting him in the mid third, thats a pretty great deal though.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dynasty Draft (standard league, flex, TE 1.5 PPR): 

2.01 - Blake Corum - this may have been an error on my part, players who went right after were Ricky Pearsall, Jaylen Wright, Xavier Legette, Ben Sinnott, Ja'Lynn Polk, and Drake Maye. Of them, I regret not jumping on Legette the most, Sinnott I would've been happy with at my next pick but oh well

2.11 - Dillon Johnson 

3.01 - Roman Wilson - JJ McCarthy was sandwiched between them

3.06 - Malachi Corley - Jermaine Burton was between Wilson and Corley, but I do like both of these two

3.11 - Jalen McMillan

4.01 - Tip Reiman - another mess up, I didn't realize Theo Johnson was sitting there; neither may hit but Johnson's upside is tantalizing. Reiman might luck into one of those 40-500-10 seasons but probably not

4.11 - Dylan Laube

5.01 - Will Shipley

EDIT - 5.11 - Spencer Rattler

I have a TON of picks because someone offered me essentially his whole draft for 1.01 (MH Jr); obviously all the top-line players were gone by 1.11 (Harrison, Nabors, Bowers, Odunze were the top 4 picks, then most of what I'd regard as the 2nd tier (Caleb WIlliams, Jayden Daniels, Thomas Jr, McConkey, X Worthy, K Coleman) went. I have a lot of dart throws and I really hope I don't hate myself for missing on Sinnott, Legette, or Theo Johnson the most,  but overall I do like the talent I did snag.  I probably way overdrafted Johnson in particular and probably also Corum, but given the short shelf lives of RBs they aren't in the worst situations. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For rookie draft I have the 1.02 and 1.04 . Caleb will fall to me and if Daniel’s goes 1.03 is there an argument to take Odense over Nabers for stacking purposes. Need WR help so a trade down unless can swap with. 1.05 isn’t an option, need to leave draft with one of the big 3.