Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This was exactly my conundrum but I will say that the scoring in this league favors QB's with 6pts for every passing TD and Allen is usually good for 600 plus rushing yards and 5 scores.  Looking back there are some quality QB's who were not kept in Burrow, Herbert, Lamar, Fields but I assure you that if I would have cut Allen he would have not made it to 8 overall. 

I decided I was keeping Allen but the decision came down to Ekeler and Wilson.  I would have had to cut Wilson or give him away for nothing as I wasn't getting any solid offers for him and someone made a solid offer for Ekeler. No chance Wilson would have made it to 8 either and I think Rogers makes him a superstar this year. 

The way I look at it is I got Wilson and all of those picks for Ekeler.

I also think that Ekeler will regress in receptions this season compared to last season with a "healthy" WR corp and another quality pass catcher in the mix with Johnston but yeah he still should be a lock for a top 3 finish at the RB position regardless.  Ekeler is in fantastic shape and is a heck of a player and moving him was not easy.  I felt like this stock is at an ATH right now and the age scared me a bit so I had to take the offer.  For this season keeping Ekeler is a no brainer but I wanted to get younger and Wilson allowed me to do that.  

I also feel like had I waited until after the season there is a chance that Ekeler would depart LA for a hefty payday somewhere else and his career would fall off as he would be 29 and most likely wouldn't be utilized the same way in another system.  

Thanks for the insight, I really appreciate your well thought out responses!

Ok, I didn't realize this was in season and you had already sent Ekeler away.  Getting picks for him makes sense then, and I can see why you did what you did.  I see QBs with 6 point TDs is tougher to lose Allen since it gives him a decent gap between he and the other available QBs, but still not likely what the gap between Ekeler and the Rb you get to replace him. 

That being said, Garret Wilson is a top 8 asset on most Dynasty rankings I have seen.  Top 15 at worst and much higher than Pollard.  His youth and the fact he did what he did last year with Wilson and company at QB is insane and he likely will be in the running for WR1 this year.  Who knows after Rodgers but he should have him for this and next year at least.  

Overall its a solid move and definitely savy and since you can only keep three it puts you in a good spot for this year with the extra early picks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dynasty Rookie (plus others who weren't kept) Draft just completed, figured I would share the results. I was drafting 2nd overall. .5 PPR. 12 teams.

Rd 1- Jahmyr Gibbs. Rd 2- Skyy Moore. Rd. 3- Quentin Johnson. Rd. 4- Tank Bigsby

Roster

• QB- Justin Fields
  • RB- Jahmyr Gibbs
  • RB- James Conner
  • WR- AJ Brown
  • WR- Deebo Samuel
  • TE- Darren Waller
  • FLX- Cam Akers

• BN- Terry McLaurin
  • BN- Jerry Jeudy
  • BN- Skyy Moore
  • BN- Quentin Johnson
  • BN- James Cook
  • BN- Tank Bigsby

That 2nd WR spot and FLEX spot is going to give me nightmares on a weekly basis lol

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dynasty Rookie (plus others who weren't kept) Draft just completed, figured I would share the results. I was drafting 2nd overall. .5 PPR. 12 teams.

Rd 1- Jahmyr Gibbs. Rd 2- Skyy Moore. Rd. 3- Quentin Johnson. Rd. 4- Tank Bigsby

Roster

• QB- Justin Fields
  • RB- Jahmyr Gibbs
  • RB- James Conner
  • WR- AJ Brown
  • WR- Deebo Samuel
  • TE- Darren Waller
  • FLX- Cam Akers

• BN- Terry McLaurin
  • BN- Jerry Jeudy
  • BN- Skyy Moore
  • BN- Quentin Johnson
  • BN- James Cook
  • BN- Tank Bigsby

That 2nd WR spot and FLEX spot is going to give me nightmares on a weekly basis lol

Thats a pretty solid team but also understandable why you were picking 2nd initially.  I think the WR2/Flex will be an issue week 1 and 2 maybe but it likely will figure itself out quickly.  I like James Cook more than most so I would likely flex him to start, especially if Kupp isnt playing because he is the only weapon they have. 

Sky Moore would be my WR2 in week 1 if Kelce is out.  Someone is going to have to catch passes and he is supposed to be the starting WR accross from MVS and MVS doesn't seem to have a great rapport with Mahomes.  I like Deebo more than most as well but he is a scary WR2.  I have him in my 16 man league as a keeper but I don't have a ton of faith in him. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats a pretty solid team but also understandable why you were picking 2nd initially.  I think the WR2/Flex will be an issue week 1 and 2 maybe but it likely will figure itself out quickly.  I like James Cook more than most so I would likely flex him to start, especially if Kupp isnt playing because he is the only weapon they have. 

Sky Moore would be my WR2 in week 1 if Kelce is out.  Someone is going to have to catch passes and he is supposed to be the starting WR accross from MVS and MVS doesn't seem to have a great rapport with Mahomes.  I like Deebo more than most as well but he is a scary WR2.  I have him in my 16 man league as a keeper but I don't have a ton of faith in him. 

Yeah.. I think the team is primed for a bounce back. I finished 11th last year because Conner, Waller, Deebo, Akers ect all had terrible seasons in which they are all ready to bounce back from the sounds of things heading into this year. Not to mention I was nurturing James Cook and Justin Fields all of last season for the intent to have them go nuts this year. If I get some bounce back years from the vets and some leaps forward from guys like Cook/Fields/Jeudy then I like where Im at.

Problem is there is so much youth on the team that a lot of it is hard to predict who is going to take those leaps, making setting lineups miserable lol I probably wont really know until week 4-5.

Also, would you drop Quentin Johnson for Rashod Bateman or Nico Collins? I feel like I have way too much youth and not enough proven players that in order to compete, I need more balance from proven vets. Not that Bateman/Collins are proven commodities, but they are more primed to perform this year than a slow developing rookie.  Sometimes I think I take the word 'dynasty'/keeper too harshly and assemble my entire roster with rookie players too often lol I took Johnson over Elijah Moore in a panic as the time was running down and I regret the hell out of it lol Cant waste a roster spot on a guy who isnt going to see a ton of time until maybe next year (I already did that last season with James Cook and it sucked burning a roster spot for a whole season)

Also need 1 of Deebo/McLaurin/Jeudy to take that AJ Brown level leap. I drafted all of them and they have been good WR12-25 guys, but I need 1 of them to ascend into being a top 10 WR. Im tired of waiting losing years waiting for breakouts from a bunch of rookies-- lets go...somebody get on it. Terry McLaurin and Jerry Jeudy Im looking at you

Edited by AkronsWitness

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah.. I think the team is primed for a bounce back. I finished 11th last year because Conner, Waller, Deebo, Akers ect all had terrible seasons in which they are all ready to bounce back from the sounds of things heading into this year. Not to mention I was nurturing James Cook and Justin Fields all of last season for the intent to have them go nuts this year. If I get some bounce back years from the vets and some leaps forward from guys like Cook/Fields/Jeudy then I like where Im at.

Problem is there is so much youth on the team that a lot of it is hard to predict who is going to take those leaps, making setting lineups miserable lol I probably wont really know until week 4-5.

Also, would you drop Quentin Johnson for Rashod Bateman or Nico Collins? I feel like I have way too much youth and not enough proven players that in order to compete, I need more balance from proven vets. Sometimes I think I take the word 'dynasty'/keeper too harshly and assemble my entire roster with rookie players too often lol But what I really need is 1 of Deebo/McLaurin/Jeudy to take that AJ Brown level leap. I drafted all of them and they have been good WR12-25 guys, but I need 1 of them to ascend into being a top 10 WR. Im tired of waiting losing years waiting for breakouts from a bunch of rookies-- lets go...somebody get on it. Terry McLaurin and Jerry Jeudy Im looking at you

I took Johnson over Elijah Moore in a panic as the time was running down and I regret the hell out of it lol Cant waste a roster spot on a guy who isnt going to see a ton of time until maybe next year (I already did that last season with James Cook and it sucked burning a roster spot for a whole season)

I like Johnson more than any of those names you mentioned.  Bateman and Collins are both young and unproven too and Bateman has injury issues and Nico has a rookie QB and rookie head coach.  I dont expect him to take a leap.  Johnson on the other hand will be productive this year and next year they likely will move on from Allen or Williams and he has huge value.  

I don't see any of Jeudy/McLauren/Deebo taking the AJ Brown leap.  He was a talent in a run first offense and then went to a high flying offense with a good QB.  Jeudy is the only one that sort of has that happening but he also has injury issues and is old enough that guys dont often take the next leap at this point and he likely is what he is.  Deebo is the same where he really only has one productive year when he was asked to play RB half the time and never has been a high scorer as a WR.  

Your best chances for big breakouts are Cook, Moore and Gibbs IMO.  I think Moore has a much better chance of taking over a WR1/2 role than anyone else on that team just given his talent, depth chart and QB combo.  Johnson could have that next year but I think this year he is a fringe flex most of the year until/unless one or both of Allen and Williams gets hurt. 

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like Johnson more than any of those names you mentioned.  Bateman and Collins are both young and unproven too and Bateman has injury issues and Nico has a rookie QB and rookie head coach.  I dont expect him to take a leap.  Johnson on the other hand will be productive this year and next year they likely will move on from Allen or Williams and he has huge value.  

I don't see any of Jeudy/McLauren/Deebo taking the AJ Brown leap.  He was a talent in a run first offense and then went to a high flying offense with a good QB.  Jeudy is the only one that sort of has that happening but he also has injury issues and is old enough that guys dont often take the next leap at this point and he likely is what he is.  Deebo is the same where he really only has one productive year when he was asked to play RB half the time and never has been a high scorer as a WR.  

Your best chances for big breakouts are Cook, Moore and Gibbs IMO.  I think Moore has a much better chance of taking over a WR1/2 role than anyone else on that team just given his talent, depth chart and QB combo.  Johnson could have that next year but I think this year he is a fringe flex most of the year until/unless one or both of Allen and Williams gets hurt. 

Good insight I'll stick with Johnson then! I'm just hoping he can carve out a role for himself this year and at least be a bye-week fill in guy. Keenan is also due for his annual 6 games on IR so hopefully he can grab the reigns then

I also agree on the others sans Jeudy. He has flashed a ton when given the opportunity to be 'the guy' but much like McLaurin, he has been hindered by terrible inconsistent QB play. I really think this is a make or break year for him to finally cement himself as a top 15 fantasy WR if he can just get some stinkin consistency out of Russ.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I have a question.  I am in a .5 PPR league where we keep two standard keepers and 1 prospect keeper.  I am pretty heavy at Wr, have decent RB depth and have the top waiver claim that goes through tonight.  I have a choice between Q. Johnston the WR on LAC or Roschon Johnson the RB for the Bears.  I want the player with the most long term upside which I think is Johnston the WR, however I am not sold on K. Herbert as the long term answer as the Bears RB and Johnson flashed in college.  Thoughts and who would you take?

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have a question.  I am in a .5 PPR league where we keep two standard keepers and 1 prospect keeper.  I am pretty heavy at Wr, have decent RB depth and have the top waiver claim that goes through tonight.  I have a choice between Q. Johnston the WR on LAC or Roschon Johnson the RB for the Bears.  I want the player with the most long term upside which I think is Johnston the WR, however I am not sold on K. Herbert as the long term answer as the Bears RB and Johnson flashed in college.  Thoughts and who would you take?

If your playing for long-term upside, then its Q. Johnson IMO. My only issue with him is that he might not do much this year. If you have the patience for the longterm I have to believe Keenan isnt staying there much longer, hes 31 and injured often. Mike Williams has has a laundry list of injuries as well. The path is there for him for him to be WR1-WR2 of one of the most pass happy offenses in the NFL, just maybe not this season. The Chargers also didnt just spend a FRP on a WR if he wasnt going to be in their longterm plans. Hes gonna play--they just have to get rid of either Allen/Williams next year for him to get his bulk chances.

I dont think Kahlil Herbert is going to make it easy on Johnson to take bulk snaps. At best I feel like its going to be a timeshare going into the future which is...less than desirable. When you have 2, you have none.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, adamq said:

Currently panic shopping for QB in the 20% of my leagues that have Rodgers...

I have one team in a best ball dynasty, this league locks rosters from game 1 to the super bowl... my rb1 is Dobbins and my QB 2 is Rodgers 

I have tannehill. Come and get him

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, squire12 said:

Thinking of shopping Fields in superflex.

Not feeling great about his long-term prospects as an NFL QB 

I had him on one team and traded him away back on Sept 12th..

Gave- Fields, Zach Wilson, 24 1st (not my own)

Got- Josh Allen

Feeling great about this deal now. If you can find a Fields believer in your league, I'd try and sell

All trades I've made in the last two days, different leagues/formats. 

12 tm BB ppr start 11..

Give- '25 1st (not my own)

Get- Nico Collins, Jerome Ford

Give- James Cook, H Henry

Get- J Jacobs, 24 2nd, 24 3rd

16 team  ppr start 8

Give- mid 24 1st, my own 24 2nd

Get- DK Metcalf

12 team start 12 ppr 

Give- London, 24 2nd

Get- Higgins, Jerome Ford

Give- Chubb, Mike Williams, Stetson Bennett, 24 3rd