The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

So we need to take care of business in this quick 2 gamer vs the Brewers, But in reality Im looking at our return 2 gamer in Milwaukee at the end of the month.

Between the 2 of us, we have 25 games till that series, and right now our Magic number is at 11. We both get a chunk against the Reds in there, but the Crew host both NY teams right after us, and we are on a west coast swing (to SD and LAD) right before traveling up there. It would be REALLY nice if the only thing we are watching is Alberts chase for 700 by the time we get to Milwaukee

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

So we need to take care of business in this quick 2 gamer vs the Brewers, But in reality Im looking at our return 2 gamer in Milwaukee at the end of the month.

Between the 2 of us, we have 25 games till that series, and right now our Magic number is at 11. We both get a chunk against the Reds in there, but the Crew host both NY teams right after us, and we are on a west coast swing (to SD and LAD) right before traveling up there. It would be REALLY nice if the only thing we are watching is Alberts chase for 700 by the time we get to Milwaukee

You need not worry about us lol

14 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Waino has looked rough the last few starts. 

Yeah, he's been laboring since at least the ASB. Someone in here mentioned a couple months ago that they didn't think he'd come back next year because of how he's looking. I disagreed at the time. I'm starting to come to that position now, though. He was a buzzsaw at the beginning of the year. He's at 70 pitches through 3 innings guy now. 

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, he's been laboring since at least the ASB. Someone in here mentioned a couple months ago that they didn't think he'd come back next year because of how he's looking. I disagreed at the time. I'm starting to come to that position now, though. He was a buzzsaw at the beginning of the year. He's at 70 pitches through 3 innings guy now. 

Ive always noted how he hasnt ever joined in the "last ride" talks with Yadi and Albert. But He also is showing he probably cant do it for an entire season anymore, and if thats the case, I cant see him wanting to come back to be less than he has been.

I also think the mic'd up warmup was a strategic play by him, reminding everyone how great he is going to be on TV.

I do feel better about the 2023 rotation with Monty in there with Mikolas, but we need something more than we have now if Waino does retire

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He came out yesterday and said he's been dealing with a dead arm for the last month. You can tell, as his stuff hasn't been the same, especially the curveball. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?