The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

15 hours ago, JonStark said:

How the **** is Oli still our manager? 

I mean, does it really matter at this point? It's clearly not just a managerial issue. 

Unless they are going to fire him and look outside the organization (which doesn't happen in season), they're just going to promote McEwing or Clapp, who are the same mold. 

This is something to address in off-season. We really missed the mark in letting Skip go...

Edited by kgarrett12486

57 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I mean, does it really matter at this point? It's clearly not just a managerial issue. 

Unless they are going to fire him and look outside the organization (which doesn't happen in season), they're just going to promote McEwing or Clapp, who are the same mold. 

This is something to address in off-season. We really missed the mark in letting Skip go...

It's not only a managerial issue, but that is by far at the top of the list in my eyes. I don't care if an interim isn't the solution, but Oli has to go. Not only does he suck, I haven't seen him take accountability for his screw ups once and continually blames the struggles on the players or the way the ball bounces. We need to get that mindset out of the clubhouse now, and he hasn't given us a reason to keep him around.

Agreed on Skip. That was a huge missed opportunity. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

It's not only a managerial issue, but that is by far at the top of the list in my eyes. I don't care if an interim isn't the solution, but Oli has to go. Not only does he suck, I haven't seen him take accountability for his screw ups once and continually blames the struggles on the players or the way the ball bounces. We need to get that mindset out of the clubhouse now, and he hasn't given us a reason to keep him around.

Agreed on Skip. That was a huge missed opportunity. 

I haven't heard that, outside of the TON situation early in the year. Honestly though, I wouldn't say he's wrong if he did. The players on this team (aside from a select few) have been abysmal this season in just about every aspect. It's a huge reason this team is where they are vs. any impact Oli has on the game.

I get the thought that you want to change the mindset, but that goes higher up than Oli IMO. Hence, why I said you replace him now, I don't think it changes much. I think we need to see a significant culture change (possibly some replacement) in the FO and significant change to the coaching staff as a whole. They need to stop this promotion from within pipeline they've had with the coaching staff the last 3-5 years, that hasn't worked. It's time to look outside the organization for a new view/message. That's why I really think they missed a golden opportunity with Skip. He was kind of the best of both worlds. A guy that played for the organization for a significant period of time and when the organization was at both peak and valley. He also didn't come up in the Cards organization via the coaching route, so he's seen the way other teams operate and what works/doesn't. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I haven't heard that, outside of the TON situation early in the year. Honestly though, I wouldn't say he's wrong if he did. The players on this team (aside from a select few) have been abysmal this season in just about every aspect. It's a huge reason this team is where they are vs. any impact Oli has on the game.

I get the thought that you want to change the mindset, but that goes higher up than Oli IMO. Hence, why I said you replace him now, I don't think it changes much. I think we need to see a significant culture change (possibly some replacement) in the FO and significant change to the coaching staff as a whole. They need to stop this promotion from within pipeline they've had with the coaching staff the last 3-5 years, that hasn't worked. It's time to look outside the organization for a new view/message. That's why I really think they missed a golden opportunity with Skip. He was kind of the best of both worlds. A guy that played for the organization for a significant period of time and when the organization was at both peak and valley. He also didn't come up in the Cards organization via the coaching route, so he's seen the way other teams operate and what works/doesn't. 

Yeah I guess that makes sense.

I've watched most of his press conferences and I honestly don't think I've ever seen him admit to a mistake. You can't win with a leader like that especially when, in my opinion, the majority of the mistakes are his. 

Lol….top 5 pick next year baby! 

Speaking of the draft, it’s in 4 days. Really good class this year. Love that we don’t have a 2nd round pick. It’s even better that we wasted it on a catcher who doesn’t even know what our pitchers throw lmao. Everyone should be fired for the Contreras signing. 

That Randy Arozarena trade just keeps getting worse and worse. Liberatore may end up as just a BP arm at this point...

I had friends say the same thing yesterday, and I sill say that talent had nothing to do with moving Randy. 

As long as Mo and "the Cardinal Way" were in effect, Arozarena was being shipped out of St. Louis, its just a sad reality

• Like 1

11 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

It’s even better that we wasted it on a catcher who doesn’t even know what our pitchers throw lmao. Everyone should be fired for the Contreras signing. 

I have my doubts about that "report", but I will say a few things IF it were true;

Most of Contrares' pitching staff wasnt at much of Spring Training for one reason or another, going to be hard to get everything straight.

But more impactful, this entire organization failed to prepare whatsoever for the departure of Yadier Molina. And its obvious that its not just behind the plate with the pitching staff.

I really can't understand why we started Libby on short rest last night, when Zach Thompson was on full rest, we brought his C (Herrera) up that he'd been working with and he had been sent down to be stretched out to start at the MLB level.

Because the lights are on, but no one is home.

And thats not just calling out Oli anymore, its everyone in any position of management in the organization

Im hoping we get 2 save chances in the next 4 games, Hicks is lights out in those showing it was just one little hiccup, and we ship him out during the ASB. 

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!