The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not so sure we have anyone else that would do better. Hopefully Carlos gets back soon and figures out what he's dealing with. We need a starter really bad. 

It should've been Gant in the rotation and Waino in the long relief in all honesty...

At least Waino can argue the 3/4 other starters were garbage their 1st time around too so far...

17 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I’ll take Gant over Waino at this point.

Gant has been pretty solid so far. 

Also, I know it's a miniscule sample size, but Leone looks good so far. Maybe Gant - Leone - Brebbia will be our new end of game lockdown guys :D

Edited by MOSteelers56

20 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It should've been Gant in the rotation and Waino in the long relief in all honesty...

At least Waino can argue the 3/4 other starters were garbage their 1st time around too so far...

Neither one of them are going to be the "answer" in the rotation.  We just need them to hold their weight, and not bury our bullpen with a ton of innings ealry on.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Neither one of them are going to be the "answer" in the rotation.  We just need them to hold their weight, and not bury our bullpen with a ton of innings ealry on.

Gant showed well as a starter last year. He consistently showed ability to give quality starts and get into or through the 6th...

There was a really good article in the Athletic I read today about Gant and how much better he would be if he pretty much dumped the Curve and threw more Sliders...

The problem with Gant's curve is actually quite simple, really. Despite possessing an above-average spin rate (2,575 rpm, to be exact), its shape is easily distinguishable almost immediately after it's released compared with his other pitches. Not only that, but he releases his curve, on average, 2.4 inches higher than he does his fastball, a difference even Average MLB hitters quickly will learn to spot.

Edited by holt_bruce81