The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

11 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Carlson, Gorman and Herrera are off to great starts so far....Man if Herrera can improve his defense....look out!

I'm really excited about our prospects. We've got an interesting blend of talent. I think we might go pitcher heavy in this next draft. 

31 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Waino looked fantastic yesterday. I hope he can build off that and keep rolling. I also really hope the rest of the rotation responds to the old man showing them up.

Yeah, who would of thought Wainwright would get the first Win out of this rotation. I mean the pitching doesn't really worry me, it's the consistency of the offense that's going to make or break our season. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm really excited about our prospects. We've got an interesting blend of talent. I think we might go pitcher heavy in this next draft. 

Looking at the initial assignments, I feel like the Cardinals pushed a LOT of their prospects this year.

Memphis: Genesis Caberera, Even Mendoza
Springfield: Elehuris Montero, Connor Capel, Dylan Carlson
Palm Beach: Johan Oviedo, Nick Plummer
Peoria: Alvaro Seijas, Ivan Herrera, Delvin Perez, Nolan Gorman

All guys who probably could have started a level lower and been reasonable assignments.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Looking at the initial assignments, I feel like the Cardinals pushed a LOT of their prospects this year.

Memphis: Genesis Caberera, Even Mendoza
Springfield: Elehuris Montero, Connor Capel, Dylan Carlson
Palm Beach: Johan Oviedo, Nick Plummer
Peoria: Alvaro Seijas, Ivan Herrera, Delvin Perez, Nolan Gorman

All guys who probably could have started a level lower and been reasonable assignments.

Herrera is the only guy that really surprised me 

19 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Herrera is the only guy that really surprised me 

Herrera was probably the only one who jumped up multiple levels, but I'm kinda surprised how they played the 3B assignments.  Evan Mendoza didn't play very well with Springfield last year, so I figured he'd stay at Springfield at least for the start of the year before they pushed him to Memphis sometime after the draft.  That affects Montero who gets pushed to Palm Beach, and Gorman who started with Peoria.  Not to mention, the FSL is a pitcher's league which will be interesting to follow how Gorman does there.  I wonder if they don't want their hitters going to Palm Beach.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Herrera was probably the only one who jumped up multiple levels, but I'm kinda surprised how they played the 3B assignments.  Evan Mendoza didn't play very well with Springfield last year, so I figured he'd stay at Springfield at least for the start of the year before they pushed him to Memphis sometime after the draft.  That affects Montero who gets pushed to Palm Beach, and Gorman who started with Peoria.  Not to mention, the FSL is a pitcher's league which will be interesting to follow how Gorman does there.  I wonder if they don't want their hitters going to Palm Beach.

Montero got pushed to Springfield (not sure if that's what you meant). And Mendoza got sent down to Springfield to make room for Munoz on the Memphis roster. Wonder if they will have Mendoza play everywhere on the infield this year. He played 3B and SS last year. 

• Like 1