The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

55 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd intentionally walk Yelich every at bat the rest of the season. I'm not even exaggerating. Bases loaded? Walk him. Up by 1 in the 9th? Walk him.

I was saying we shouldn't be pitching to him after game 2 of the last series, unless we had no choice. Here we are now...

For as analytical as Schildt is supposed to be, you'd think he could see the numbers trend now with Yelich. The dude has continually killed us going back to last year, especially at Miller Park...

12 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Having surgery on my hip tomorrow, gonna be out of work for 4-6 months. Wife is due in July with our 2nd little girl. I need all the positive feelings I can get going into surgery tomorrow! Blues got to win tonight and the Cards better not pitch to Yelich!  

Sorry to hear about the surgery, sending good vibes your way.

Congrats on the 2nd kid! My wife is due with our 2nd in October!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Having surgery on my hip tomorrow, gonna be out of work for 4-6 months. Wife is due in July with our 2nd little girl. I need all the positive feelings I can get going into surgery tomorrow! Blues got to win tonight and the Cards better not pitch to Yelich!  

Good vibes coming from this way too. Hopefully you have a lot banked up on your netflix queue to get you through these next 4-6 months. 

I didn't even see the second baby part, good luck with that too. We need more Cardinals fans propagating this world, so good on you and your wife.

Edited by MOSteelers56
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Go Blues. Good luck with your surgery man and go crush that PT. 

Also @CWood21 glorious thread title.

• Like 1

Bader to the IL and we called up Lane Thomas. Probably for the best as I'd imagine starting Dexter Fowler every day in CF is not an ideal situation.

Also, I was looking at the prospects just now. Does anyone think Torres might be pretty close to Oscar? Big power with a big arm in the OF. The future of our offense is looking promising with Gorman, Nunez, Carlson, Montero, and Torres. 

24 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Also, I was looking at the prospects just now. Does anyone think Torres might be pretty close to Oscar? Big power with a big arm in the OF. The future of our offense is looking promising with Gorman, Nunez, Carlson, Montero, and Torres. 

A bit too much swing and miss in his game, although it's still early.  And I think Torres fills out a bit more than Taveras was going to.  But he's your protoptypical RF if everything clicks.  But you're right about our offensive prospects.  There's a TON to be excited about.  In a few years, you could have Nolan Gorman at 3B, Elehuris Montero at DH, Carlson in LF, and Torres in RF.