The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Carlos is going to the pen when he comes back. I think that's dumb, unless the FO knows something about his arm. I don't think it's wise to put your best starter in the pen. I really hope this doesn't ruin him. I also hope that Reyes gets his stuff figured out because we're going to be needing a quality starter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Carlos is going to the pen when he comes back. I think that's dumb, unless the FO knows something about his arm. I don't think it's wise to put your best starter in the pen. I really hope this doesn't ruin him. I also hope that Reyes gets his stuff figured out because we're going to be needing a quality starter.

They're starting him off in the BP, but not ruling him being stretched out to start later on...

They're bringing him back as BP arm because it allows him to come back sooner, allows him to continue to build up the shoulder strength.

Another thing is they're accommodating Carlis himself. Carlos has said he's been hesitant to 'unleash' his full max because of fear of setback since the injury last year. He's publicly said that when he came back in the BP last year, he felt this less mentally...

40 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

That was a hit by Fowler. Replay showed the white chalk come up off the grass when ball hit...

Amazes me how these still get missed on replay...

We thought it was from where we were sitting.  But the replay looked foul to us, at least what they showed on the scoreboard.  

10 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

They're starting him off in the BP, but not ruling him being stretched out to start later on...

They're bringing him back as BP arm because it allows him to come back sooner, allows him to continue to build up the shoulder strength.

Another thing is they're accommodating Carlis himself. Carlos has said he's been hesitant to 'unleash' his full max because of fear of setback since the injury last year. He's publicly said that when he came back in the BP last year, he felt this less mentally...

This is the same garbage we did last year though, and it obviously did not work. Just rehab like normal, and get back when you can. We dont nessicarily need the help inthe Pen right now, but we are for sure going to need the Rotation Reinforcements come summer time.

Edited by StLunatic88

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

When do we start panicking about Miller?

If he didn't have sharp stuff and was getting pounded I'd be more worried. You see how nasty he can be when he's in command of his slider and fastball.

His biggest issue has been control so far. Way too many BBs and HBP.

I think Schildt needs to back off on him going consecutive days for a little bit. Seems like he really struggles to find command on back to back outings...

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We're going to have a decent problem on our hands with Bader and O'Neil coming back. Where do we find at bats for Martinez, Fowler, O'Neil, and Bader? Ozuna is raking, but so are Fowler and Martinez. Bader wasn't hitting much, but his defense is darn near irreplaceable. 

Martinez should be starting regardless. Sucks he not very good in the field but we need that bat in the lineup. Bader is elite in CF and honestly I don’t trust Fowler to sustain what he’s doing so honestly he can go to the bench.