The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

I haven't watched many games this year. I've mostly been watching highlights, looking at boxscores, checking here and veb. I was concerned what we would do when O'Neil and Bader came back with Fowler. His stats are good but it looks like he's not been hitting the ball well. That makes sense. I think he goes back to the bench pretty quickly.

39 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What a stupid ***

Could very well turn into one of those overhyped pitchers who doesn’t amount to anything. Cardinals have had a decent amount of those recently with Miller and Martinez.

I wouldnt Say that about Miller and Carlos. Martinez has been a very good pitcher for this team in the past. Far from not amounting to anything....

53 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I wouldnt Say that about Miller and Carlos. Martinez has been a very good pitcher for this team in the past. Far from not amounting to anything....

Maybe nothing was stretching it but both were supposed to be ace level pitchers. Would you say either of them amounted to that? Far too inconsistent 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

What a stupid ***

Could very well turn into one of those overhyped pitchers who doesn’t amount to anything. Cardinals have had a decent amount of those recently with Miller and Martinez.

Playing stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Maybe nothing was stretching it but both were supposed to be ace level pitchers. Would you say either of them amounted to that? Far too inconsistent 

I agree with you on Miller. He didn't live up to the billing, but not on Martinez...

We've already seen Martinez pitch consistently at damn near elite level from 2015 through 2017 as a starter. Last year and so far this year have been rough with the injuries, but he's not even 27 yet and under team control through 2022...

Still plenty of time to return to his level...