The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

17 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Tank for Holliday and then hire his dad as hitting coach! 

Obviously it's very early to start talking about the draft, but is there really any notable prospects in this year's draft?  It would have been nice to pick higher than the 7th...

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Obviously it's very early to start talking about the draft, but is there really any notable prospects in this year's draft?  It would have been nice to pick higher than the 7th...

The power surge in college ball has been insane. Some All-Time EV numbers this year. I’ve heard the Cardinals like Konnor Griffin, the top HS bat this year. OF/SP who has a legit chance to stick at both. My only concern with him is the level of competition. Hear it’s not the greatest. Other guys I like…

Nick Kurtz 1B/DH
Hagen Smith SP
Chase Burns SP
Braden Montgomery OF 
Bryce Rainer SS 

Smith and Burns have been filthy this year in the SEC. Would love the Cardinals to grab a pitcher with their potential. 

But I mean, still a long ways away. 

Edited by holt_bruce81
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

The power surge in college ball has been insane. Some All-Time EV numbers this year. I’ve heard the Cardinals like Konnor Griffin, the top HS bat this year. OF/SP who has a legit chance to stick at both. My only concern with him is the level of competition. Hear it’s not the greatest. Other guys I like…

Nick Kurtz 1B/DH
Hagen Smith SP
Chase Burns SP
Braden Montgomery OF 
Bryce Rainer SS 

Smith and Burns have been filthy this year in the SEC. Would love the Cardinals to grab a pitcher with their potential. 

But I mean, still a long ways away. 

Familiar with Burns and Kurtz.  Feels like Burns would be my preferred choice, but I doubt the Cardinals are going to be anywhere near close enough to be picking him.

We win!  Cards, BoSox, and even the umps were wearing cool hats tonight.  My dad's pitch was over the plate, but high.  We were in the Champions Club, good food and open bar.  Pretty good experience, mostly watched the games from the tv.  

Also invented a new drinking game.  You ask my sister a sports trivia question.  If she gets it correct, you take a drink.  If she gets it wrong, everyone else takes a drink.  Not only is she wrong 90% of the time, her guesses are usually really funny.  And the questions are not difficult at all. Some examples were:  How many NFL teams are in Florida (She lived in Florida)? What city do the Mariners play in? Which of these teams is fake:  Browns, Blues, Reds, Purples?

And the best part is, in about 2 or 3 weeks, she won't remember any of it, so we could probably re-use questions.  Mind you, she isn't dumb, she just doesn't care about sports at all. 

• Like 1