The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Please tell me the last part of the tweet is in jest.  He's been "benched" in 2 of the first 7 games.

I hope so. That perspective makes zero sense in April/May and we shouldn't even hear about them wanting to give Wynn some regular pattern of 'rest' days to keep him fresh until at least July. Plus, he's swinging the bat just fine right now. Crawford should not be starting games more than 1x every 1-2 weeks and I'd argue he should be starting more at 3B than SS in order to keep Arenado 'fresh'. 

This is the same crap Shildt used to pull with the veterans and it goes against what Oli said was the plan for Crawford once we signed him. That has me starting to think that it's coming from the FO and not a solely Oli decision.   

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Victor Scott getting the start leading off. 

with Donny and Noot out, he was the only real option. I like that they're actually doing it though.

I'm also shocked to see Carp isn't in the line-up for the home opener. I know it's a lefty on the mound, but though it was a given they'd throw him a bone the home opener.

Oli makes all the right moves with the line-up today, but plays Crawford over Winn yesterday. So frustrating. Oh well, at least he didn't pull a Schildt - did anyone see his postgame comments recently?

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lars has got to get healthy, Scott isn’t ready.  

Yeah, as much fun as it was for a second or two. Scott needs to learn how to hit, and trying to do that in the bigs is tough. I think Carlson is the one that'll need to get healthy before Scott goes down too. Unless they want Lars in CF. 

Tink Hence dominated in his start at AA the other day…

5 IP, 0 hits, 0 runs, 3 strikeouts, 1 walk 

Also, interesting that Edwin Nunez is starting the year in the AA Rotation. I thought He was a guy that had a big time FB but not much of anything else….guess we’ll see how he does this year. 

1st start….

3 IP, 3 hits. 1 run, 2 strikeouts, 1 walk 

Edited by holt_bruce81

So, I went on Saturday.  Got the bobblehead dolls for my dad.  Took them home and was going to rest my eyes for a minute...  Woke up and it was the 5th inning!  LOL.  The way I figure, that nap probably saved me 80-150 dollars on food and beverages, so it wasn't THAT bad.