The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

23 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That really sucks for DC. 

I feel like that's been Dylan Carlson for his career.  Don't get me wrong, I probably overrated him a bit as a prospect but it seems like every time he starts to get some momentum it ends up with him getting injured.

• Like 1

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?
Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

Line-up is out and I'm loving it. Really good balance here.

Really surprised Marp didn't get the nod at DH for the opener.  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Burleson out there.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Really surprised Marp didn't get the nod at DH for the opener.  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Burleson out there.

If it was at Busch and not LA, he absolutely would have. He'll be the home opener DH. We can go ahead and pencil that in now. 

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

@CWood21 @MOSteelers56 @ttitansfan4life @StLunatic88 @holt_bruce81 @JonStark @twslhs20 @ThatJerkDave

Opening Day! LFG!

Line-up is out and I'm loving it. Really good balance here.

1. Donovan LF

2. Goldy 1B

3. Gorman 2B

4. Arenado 3B

5. Contreras C

6. Burleson DH

7. Walker RF

8. Scott II CF

9. Winn SS

Would love to pull off the upset in the first game. Hopefully Mikolas can limit the damage and the lineup gets him some support.

Really excited to see what the young guns do early on. 

• Like 1

My first tickets this season are on April 6th!  Day 2 of my birthday week, will be celebrating from the 5th til the 14th! 

In addition to randomly booing an opponent, I am also contemplating taking a shot every time Matt Carpenter strikes out.  Not sure if my old liver can handle that.

But this gives me one more thing to keep me busy on this 3 day weekend.

• Like 3

Living out in the bay area now tickets are dumb cheap for athletics games. Probably only cheap thing to do out here lol. Gonna try to get to see 2/3 on the 15th. Then the Giants series to end the season.