The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

I mean it's easy to second guess the decision now, but at the time we were all super pumped with the Ozuna trade. Yelich was definitely #3 on the wish list (Behind Stanton and Ozuna). Ozuna is just rubbing me the wrong way. I wasn't expecting the 2017 Ozuna when we traded for him, but I was expecting the guy to be a 4-5 WAR player that played at least average defense.  

1. Getting his surgery later than the team recommended
2. "Rehabbing" in DR instead of Florida with the Team Doctors....Did he rehab at all?
3. Showing up to Camp overweight
4. He's been lazy in the outfield. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Ozuna to DL, Gyorko to active roster....that's the move, right?

You would think. I can't think of anything else they could do. It'll be nice to have another solid bat off the bench, I'm not sure how much he'll play for awhile, though. He's not going to replace Carp or Wong too much.

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

You would think. I can't think of anything else they could do. It'll be nice to have another solid bat off the bench, I'm not sure how much he'll play for awhile, though. He's not going to replace Carp or Wong too much.

Yeah I agree, man doesn't Drew Robinson already seem like a wasted roster spot though? With how much the BP is being used, I think I'd much rather have that 8th Reliever. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think we will see a lot more Tyler O'Neil in LF this season. I could see O'Neil producing pretty well in Ozuna's absence and I think it'll be hard to keep trotting Ozuna out there all year. 

Could start seeing a semi regular OF of Martinez, Bader, O'Neill sooner than later...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Could start seeing a semi regular OF of Martinez, Bader, O'Neill sooner than later...

5 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'd be all for that. I do think Fowler gets more time though. But I really would like to see what O'Neil can do with 450-500 at bats. 

I agree with both of you.

22 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Yeah I agree, man doesn't Drew Robinson already seem like a wasted roster spot though? With how much the BP is being used, I think I'd much rather have that 8th Reliever. 

21 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

When Ozuna cones back, he's likely the odd man out...

He was just optioned to Memphis. 

Ozuna MRI came back clean. It was just bruising. Craig Mish reporting it's from last week of spring training when he was HBP. Been dealing with it since then. Hopefully so, that could explain his lackluster start offensively and defensively...

Also, Brett Cecil undergoing CTS release surgery...