The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Do you blame him?  Honestly, they should have done everyone a favor and move his start back until tomorrow.

They don't play tomorrow. But yeah, should of had Brebbia pitch like 3 innings yesterday, send him down today and call up Hudson to start this game. That's what I would have done. 

Just now, holt_bruce81 said:

They don't play tomorrow. But yeah, should of had Brebbia pitch like 3 innings yesterday, send him down today and call up Hudson to start this game. That's what I would have done. 

Dakota Hudson isn't on the 40 man roster, which means they'd need to make a move.  Either John Gant or Tyler Lyons should have gotten the start today...

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Dakota Hudson isn't on the 40 man roster, which means they'd need to make a move.  Either John Gant or Tyler Lyons should have gotten the start today...

thought they had room to add someone, or did Bader take the last spot?

Edited by holt_bruce81

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

thought they had room to add someone, or did Bader take the last spot?

For some reason I was thinking they were already at 40, but a quick count based on the official website put them at 39.  But then you get into burning options, etc. and I just think there were other options that should have been exhausted first.

Waino to the pen would extend his career.  That said, I have no idea how long he wants to play, or if he would play from the pen.

I would feel for Lynn being hung out there on the block for so long, but he is the guy that gave up (at least) 4 runs in the first, three times a couple of years ago on days where I had tickets.  He ruined my day, Jerry!

One of them, I watched the Packers preseason game ticker on my phone.  Another I left in the 4th.  But games that my dad goes to... He NEVER leaves early.  I suppose his trip is 5 hours and mine is 2-3 minutes, but when they suck, I don't feel like giving them my time or any more money than I already did.

Edited by DavidatMIZZOU

Some other minor league notes...

CF Nick Plummer might be finding his stroke. I have to remind myself that he doesn't have many professional at bats under his belt before this year and he jumped two minor league levels from the GCL League where he played in 2015 to Low-A ball where he is currently playing. He's always had a really good walk-rate (currently at 18.6%) and a really good OBP. This month he's hitting .270 with a .386 on base. 

2B/OF Randy Arozarena hasn't slowed down since being promoted to Double-A Springfield, with a slash line of .295/.396/.442/.839 with a 140 wRC+ and a walk-rate of 13.7% and a K-rate of 16.8%. He also has a ton of extra base hits this year. in 360 at bats, he has 42 extra base hits (28 doubles, 4 triples, 10 home runs)

Edited by holt_bruce81

Well my worst fear has come true for this team. We've rattled off some wins recently and won a couple series. We're still sitting at 4.5 games back, but close enough we could theoretically win the division and we're not at the trade deadline...

I've seen enough of this team this year to know it's not going anywhere meaningful. We'll probably end up adding a BP arm and then holding onto Lynn. Ugh...

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Well my worst fear has come true for this team. We've rattled off some wins recently and won a couple series. We're still sitting at 4.5 games back, but close enough we could theoretically win the division and we're not at the trade deadline...

I've seen enough of this team this year to know it's not going anywhere meaningful. We'll probably end up adding a BP arm and then holding onto Lynn. Ugh...

I just can't believe that our front office is that naive when it comes to this club. I think they see the same things we see. It just might be one of those things where they feel like the comp pick they could get for Lynn is going to be more valuable to the club than some prospect they get from another team. While I'm hoping for a top 100 guy, they could very well get a turd in return. And I've said from the beginning, I don't want to trade Lynn just to trade him.  I do think either Grichuk or Pham gets traded today. 

25 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I just can't believe that our front office is that naive when it comes to this club. I think they see the same things we see. It just might be one of those things where they feel like the comp pick they could get for Lynn is going to be more valuable to the club than some prospect they get from another team. While I'm hoping for a top 100 guy, they could very well get a turd in return. And I've said from the beginning, I don't want to trade Lynn just to trade him.  I do think either Grichuk or Pham gets traded today. 

I wish..... Sadly my hope of blowing(trading Lynn is a start) this team up is starting to diminish to the thought that we won't do much of anything. I love Mo but I'm really getting tired of holding onto prospects and not going for it. Obviously Oscars death changed a lot of things and the Heyward trade was somewhat big but the last time we traded anyone for anything big was in 2009 when we got Matt Holiday. Oh how I wish we could get Josh Donaldson...... 

11 minutes ago, yoinesh123 said:

I wish..... Sadly my hope of blowing(trading Lynn is a start) this team up is starting to diminish to the thought that we won't do much of anything. I love Mo but I'm really getting tired of holding onto prospects and not going for it. Obviously Oscars death changed a lot of things and the Heyward trade was somewhat big but the last time we traded anyone for anything big was in 2009 when we got Matt Holiday. Oh how I wish we could get Josh Donaldson...... 

I wouldn't go that far. We haven't had the need for a big-time deal to go down our the outlined period. We were a perennial playoff team getting deep into the playoffs seemingly every year. We had a solidified roster and only needed the more mid-level tweaks. Mo seemingly was always able to find a gem as well in that regard...

This is the 2016-current is 1st stretch I can remember in a long time where there is an obvious black hole. We simply don't have an impact bat in the MOTO that strikes fear, or has the production to warrant hitting there. Plus, there's nothing close in the pipeline that has that kind of ceiling. They're more complimentary pieces...

I wouldn't write off us being active in the off-season to find this player, I think that's the more realistic scenario. The market right now doesn't seemingly look like that player is ready to be moved at the deadline...

I will however fail to understand not moving Lynn. I think we can easily get a better package for him now than just taking the comp pick. I think it's going to come down to Gray being dealt. I think after that we could see his Lynn's interest and teams panic that missed out heat up quickly today...

10 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I wouldn't go that far. We haven't had the need for a big-time deal to go down our the outlined period. We were a perennial playoff team getting deep into the playoffs seemingly every year. We had a solidified roster and only needed the more mid-level tweaks. Mo seemingly was always able to find a gem as well in that regard...

This is the 2016-current is 1st stretch I can remember in a long time where there is an obvious black hole. We simply don't have an impact bat in the MOTO that strikes fear, or has the production to warrant hitting there. Plus, there's nothing close in the pipeline that has that kind of ceiling. They're more complimentary pieces...

I wouldn't write off us being active in the off-season to find this player, I think that's the more realistic scenario. The market right now doesn't seemingly look like that player is ready to be moved at the deadline...

I will however fail to understand not moving Lynn. I think we can easily get a better package for him now than just taking the comp pick. I think it's going to come down to Gray being dealt. I think after that we could see his Lynn's interest and teams panic that missed out heat up quickly today... 

Mo pretty much said this yesterday in a interview...They were waiting for the Gray trade to sort of set the market.

Edited by holt_bruce81