The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Jim Bowden reporting that 3 teams remain in on Soto talks; Cardinals, Dodgers and Padres. He states Cards are willing to give up most MLB ready talent of the teams, Padres the most prospect talent. He says Cards are willing to part with Gorman and Carlson as the headliners, not there on Walker. 

Usually I take Bowden's comments with a grain of salt, but in this case being he was the former Nationals GM and is still plugged into that organization (he's been breaking the news on Soto, with others like Passan and Rosenthal playing off his lead) I'm buying what he's selling. 

I don’t understand how the Dodgers keep the amount of minor league assets to continue making plays for every star every year. 

I really hope we get Soto. I’d hate to lose Carlson, because I think he’s such an advanced player at such a young age, but Soto is in a different stratosphere. Soto is basically the combination of Carlson and Gorman’s assets. Big power, but with advanced hitting. Soto- Goldy- Nado is disgusting. Not having a CF is probably less than ideal, though. 

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Jon Heyman of the New York Post reports that the Angels have decided not to trade Shohei Ohtani.

Shocker

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Jim Bowden reporting that 3 teams remain in on Soto talks; Cardinals, Dodgers and Padres. He states Cards are willing to give up most MLB ready talent of the teams, Padres the most prospect talent. He says Cards are willing to part with Gorman and Carlson as the headliners, not there on Walker. 

I think we actually have multiple options on the table, ione more MLB guys, another more prospects.

Feels like this needs to happen tonight, these teams need to work on other stuff, and all thier prospects are tied up in this potential deal

I think Soto is ours, Nats just have to commit to making the move. 

I think Montas is going to the Yankees, and I hope we make the final play for Rodon. 

Wouldnt hate getting one more starter, just an innings eater, but dont think it will happen, especially if they think Pallante can be that guy down the stretch (plus Matz and Jack making a few more appearances this year)

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think Montas is going to the Yankees, and I hope we make the final play for Rodon. 

Wouldnt hate getting one more starter, just an innings eater, but dont think it will happen, especially if they think Pallante can be that guy down the stretch (plus Matz and Jack making a few more appearances this year)

Sure sounds more and more promising for us. Still not trying to get my hopes up though. Just hoping Walker and Carlson aren’t part of the deal but feel like one of them will be. 

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The #STLCards are one of @MLB’s most active teams, with a little more than 24 hours until the deadline. They’re well-positioned to land an impact starter and remain in the mix for Juan Soto. @MLBNetwork

8 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Sure sounds more and more promising for us. Still not trying to get my hopes up though. Just hoping Walker and Carlson aren’t part of the deal but feel like one of them will be. 

Carlson will 100% be part of the deal. It's whether we have to give up Walker or not now.

I think the deal is going to be centered around Carlson, Gorman and possibly Hence