The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

16 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Why is Libby pitching in a 10-3 game? Dudes probably better than at least two of the starters in the current rotation.

It's a tune-up since we're in the 6 man rotation now and he's stil lstretching out. They said all week they were going to try to get him a BP inning or two between his next start (which will likely be Wednesday).

I had no issue with it. 

12 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We've really put ourselves in good position the last (2) weeks. We had one of the hardest schedules in baseball in April and now we're getting to the easier part over the next few weeks. We have a chance to be in 1st place at the end of that stretch. 

One of the worst starts in franchise history and still only 5 game backs in May.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Luken Baker is mashing right now in Memphis…

44 G, 157 ABs, 14 HR, 9 doubles, 37 RBI, .306 BA, .435 OBP, 18.1% Walk-rate, 22.8% K-rate, 166 wRC+ 

I hope some other team finds him interesting because he has zero future in St. Louis. 

This team continues to thrive at the plate. We're basically top ten in MLB in every statistical category offensively. Only other team up there with us in that regard is the Yankees and then there is a sizable drop off.

The pitching though (in particular the SP) continues to be in bottom half of baseball...

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/team/st-louis-cardinals/stats

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

This team continues to thrive at the plate. We're basically top ten in MLB in every statistical category offensively. Only other team up there with us in that regard is the Yankees and then there is a sizable drop off.

The pitching though (in particular the SP) continues to be in bottom half of baseball...

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/team/st-louis-cardinals/stats

We need to trade for a starter before guys like Helsley and Gallegos’ arms fall off. 

And why is Barrera up here over a BP arm? We’re not maxed out on pitchers are we? The roster construction is weird. 

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

We need to trade for a starter before guys like Helsley and Gallegos’ arms fall off. 

And why is Barrera up here over a BP arm? We’re not maxed out on pitchers are we? The roster construction is weird. 

Agreed 100% on both accounts, but sadly we're not going to find a SP stil lthis early in the season. We're going to have to wait until early July at the earliest for the market to take shape. 

Barrera has no business being up here with us re-establishing Wilson behind the dish a couple days a week. We gotta do betterr job with the Memphis taxi squad, but wer'e limited in the guys we can bring up/send down due to the options being up on a few of the arms. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Agreed 100% on both accounts, but sadly we're not going to find a SP stil lthis early in the season. We're going to have to wait until early July at the earliest for the market to take shape. 

Barrera has no business being up here with us re-establishing Wilson behind the dish a couple days a week. We gotta do betterr job with the Memphis taxi squad, but wer'e limited in the guys we can bring up/send down due to the options being up on a few of the arms. 

At this point I’m constructing my roster to where I can piggyback every Waino and Matz start. I think they want Thompson in the minors right now to work on either his secondary pitches or his FB location in prep for a Starter role next season. So I dont see them calling him up for awhile (just a hunch, and I’m usually wrong) so I’d either call up Thomas or Hudson and just be creative about using these guys. This pitching roster isn’t good enough right now. 

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

At this point I’m constructing my roster to where I can piggyback every Waino and Matz start. I think they want Thompson in the minors right now to work on either his secondary pitches or his FB location in prep for a Starter role next season. So I dont see them calling him up for awhile (just a hunch, and I’m usually wrong) so I’d either call up Thomas or Hudson and just be creative about using these guys. This pitching roster isn’t good enough right now. 

Problem is they're alreayd carrying 13 pitchers, which is the max that can be carried. if they're not going to use Libby in the rotation, then they need to send him back down and not mess with him as a BP arm. They've been prepping hima s a start, so let him have some consistensy. Bring up Zuninga again to fill another BP arm. 

Well, we got the split in Cincy even with us rolling out the B squad offense today. Nice to see Mikolas back on track, that's now 8 starts in a row where he's given up 3 runs or less and and 5/8 he's gone 6 or more innings. 

I'll be at the game tomorrow night in Cleveland. Excited to see Libby.