The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

14 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I wonder what we can get for Knizner now?

Im not positive that I personally would give Yadi another year (especially not another 2) but I could definitely see DeWitt wanting to. And if thats the case, we are wasting him, especially with a talent like Herrera moving his way through the system with some very impressive talent

11 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He was rumored to be a coveted piece in the Arrenado rumors...

That's pretty intriguing. I don't love the idea of Molina full time, but Weiters is a solid backup. Maybe we take the risk. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's pretty intriguing. I don't love the idea of Molina full time, but Weiters is a solid backup. Maybe we take the risk. 

If they are willing to pay Weiters along with Molina for the next couple of seasons, with Herrera pushing his way in sometime during the 2022 season, Id be all for it

I don't really want to get rid of Knizner honestly. If we get rid of him, resigning Molina kind of feels like a must. And What if Molina continues to show decline in his game and by the end of the 2020 season he's playing no better than at a replacement level? 

I love how Herrera has progressed through the system and I'm liking everything I'm reading on the Kid, sounds like a kid that gets it and wants to be great. But hey he might not even stick behind the plate, his defense is improving but he's still below average there. 

And man I know I say this every year but I need to get to Springfield this year and catch a game, that team could be really fun to watch. Gorman-Herrera-Montero-Liberatore - Thompson...And there's a chance they're aggressive with Delvin Perez this year and put him in AA. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I don't really want to get rid of Knizner honestly. If we get rid of him, resigning Molina kind of feels like a must.

I don't think any of us want to get rid of Knizer, as he's essentially MLB ready now. However, I don't want another Carson Kelly situation, where he just stays stagnate in the minors and on the MLB roster...

Barring a steep dropoff this year, Molina will continue to be behind the plate next year. This FO will ensure that, as their loyal  with the lifers (somewhat to a fault)...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

This FO will ensure that, as their loyal  with the lifers (somewhat to a fault)...

I actually think those type of contracts are more Ownership imposing their will. And I kind of get it. It sells more tickets in this market than winning does  (Carp excluded, that was all on Mo trying to hedge)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I actually think those type of contracts are more Ownership imposing their will. And I kind of get it. It sells more tickets in this market than winning does  (Carp excluded, that was all on Mo trying to hedge)

Agreed, I should have specified that, as i automatically just lump ownership in when saying FO...

You're 100% right though, that a DeWitt sign off...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/02/marcell-ozuna-discusses-cardinals-qualifying-offer-decision.html

This just confirms literally everything I was saying earlier in this thread...

I think it really rubbed the front office the wrong way when Ozuna didn’t rehab with the Cardinals medical staff last offseason and had no communication with anyone on how his rehab was going......And then Ozuna comes to camp out of shape and a shoulder that MIGHT have been 50% healthy. 

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I think it really rubbed the front office the wrong way when Ozuna didn’t rehab with the Cardinals medical staff last offseason and had no communication with anyone on how his rehab was going......And then Ozuna comes to camp out of shape and a shoulder that MIGHT have been 50% healthy. 

Agreed 100%. That was the beginning of end...

Should probably ask this in the TAST forum but.....So this year is going to be my first season watching Cardinal baseball without having cable. Our Cable/internet bill was getting ridiculous and I was Already forking over a fortune in daycare charges. We have a fire stick that my buddy jailbroke for us along with Netflix, Prime and Disney+. The Jailbroken fire stick seems to be getting all the games I want but there are times that the games will not load up for some reason. I’ve noticed it’s mostly Blues games that are Nationally televised. 

But don’t want to have any trouble when the baseball season starts and god forbid I cant get a Blues playoff game...people will die. So I guess The question I’m asking....What’s everyone’s best alternative route for no cable? Was looking into getting Hulu live. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Should probably ask this in the TAST forum but.....So this year is going to be my first season watching Cardinal baseball without having cable. Our Cable/internet bill was getting ridiculous and I was Already forking over a fortune in daycare charges. We have a fire stick that my buddy jailbroke for us along with Netflix, Prime and Disney+. The Jailbroken fire stick seems to be getting all the games I want but there are times that the games will not load up for some reason. I’ve noticed it’s mostly Blues games that are Nationally televised. 

But don’t want to have any trouble when the baseball season starts and god forbid I cant get a Blues playoff game...people will die. So I guess The question I’m asking....What’s everyone’s best alternative route for no cable? Was looking into getting Hulu live. 

I've done YouTube TV for last 1.5 years and love it. $50/month. Only thing is right now they're in negotiations with FSMW owners and have threatened to drop them if talks don't get done...

If they actually loose them, I'll move to Hulu but it's $5 more a month...

And I here you on the daycare bro. I've got a 2 year old and 4 month old on full time daycare right now. It's a 2nd mortgage payment...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I've done YouTube TV for last 1.5 years and love it. $50/month. Only thing is right now they're in negotiations with FSMW owners and have threatened to drop them if talks don't get done...

If they actually loose them, I'll move to Hulu but it's $5 more a month...

And I here you on the daycare bro. I've got a 2 year old and 4 month old on full time daycare right now. It's a 2nd mortgage payment...

Yeah Daycare is ridiculous. We pay $1,200 a month for 2 kids. And they only go 3 days a week! If her dad didn’t let us rent from him fairly cheaply, we’d be struggling right now. 

Problem is we are in a very crappy school district and the neighborhood isn’t the best. Trying to move closer to the St. Charles area. Kind of want to move out to Wentzville but idk, seems to be getting overpopulated. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Yeah Daycare is ridiculous. We pay $1,200 a month for 2 kids. And they only go 3 days a week! If her dad didn’t let us rent from him fairly cheaply, we’d be struggling right now. 

Problem is we are in a very crappy school district and the neighborhood isn’t the best. Trying to move closer to the St. Charles area. Kind of want to move out to Wentzville but idk, seems to be getting overpopulated. 

Yah, I pay $1,718/month for 5 days a week...

I live in North OFallon right on border of St. Paul. You should look out that way, it's growing.. 

Wentzville is a traffic nightmare. My parents live there and I went to middle and high school out there. It was just pretty much farm land at that time. It's becoming too crowded for the layout now...

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Jesus, that's about 3/4 of my monthly pay, and I actually have a "grown up" job, so it's not like some part time college work. 

I know, it's insane the cost. I told my wife the other day that when our kids are old enough for kindergarten it's going to be like we both got a huge raise lol...

• Like 2

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?