The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I believe I saw that Lovullo called him a f#$%er multiple times.  It's obvious why Yadi got heated.

No doubt. I would have probably reacted the same way. I've seen Yadi overreact in past situations, but in this instance I think his reaction was justified.

The fact that an opposing manager would stoop to that is ridiculous. How can you hold players accountable if they see/hear you doing this right in front of the umpire and the player... 

19 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I thought BP management was going to be different this year. It's not.

They continue to let MM run Bowman out there every opportunity he gets...

Yep feel bad for Bowman, he’s gonna be out of baseball in a year or 2 because of MM. 

Speaking of Memphis....Tyler O’Neil belted his 4th homerun last night. That’s 4 homers in 4 games for the big guy. 

I know the Triple-A team is loaded, but do you guys ever see a scenario where Stubby Clapp is the Manager of the big club? He’s doing a heck of a job. 

32 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Speaking of Memphis....Tyler O’Neil belted his 4th homerun last night. That’s 4 homers in 4 games for the big guy. 

I know the Triple-A team is loaded, but do you guys ever see a scenario where Stubby Clapp is the Manager of the big club? He’s doing a heck of a job. 

I think it’s a strong possibility if we underachieve this year. Stubby, Oquendo, and Maddux would be a good staff.

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

He's also had a lot of MLB ready talent to work with at times...

I could see him getting promoted to the MLB club, but I think they'd want him as a secondary coach prior to being handed the manager job.

But what do i know, they gave it to MM lol...

7 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No doubt. I would have probably reacted the same way. I've seen Yadi overreact in past situations, but in this instance I think his reaction was justified.

The fact that an opposing manager would stoop to that is ridiculous. How can you hold players accountable if they see/hear you doing this right in front of the umpire and the player... 

Yadi has a short-termper, but this is one I don't blame him to do so.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Good thing we have an 8 man pen.

No doubt. 8 man BP means we utilize 5 guys max to MM...

Temp today is supposed to by near 80 degrees, so hopefully we'll see the offense heat up some today. I know we've had about 4 or 5 fly outs recently that would have been homers in June-August...

22 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I know we've had about 4 or 5 fly outs recently that would have been homers in June-August...

Which is what I think our "offense" will be most of the year. When we are hot, it will be a bunch of HRs (putting up 7-8-9 runs) but when we are cold it will be alot of 1-2 run games that we dont have the pitching staff to win with.

Ive given up on MM to ever use a pitching staff correctly, I just hope by the end of the season we get the best lineup out there.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Which is what I think our "offense" will be most of the year. When we are hot, it will be a bunch of HRs (putting up 7-8-9 runs) but when we are cold it will be alot of 1-2 run games that we dont have the pitching staff to win with.

Ive given up on MM to ever use a pitching staff correctly, I just hope by the end of the season we get the best lineup out there.

That seems to be our offense for the last couple of years. We're very feast or famine.

I thought the whole reason we signed Maddux to be this teams pitching coach was so he could manage the bullpen himself, was it not? 

Mike Matheny is a f(;()$ing d$)&&$$. How many seasons are we going to play with a 21-22 man roster? I really Like this roster, I think It’s a 93-94 win team but with MM they’re probably a 89-91 win team. 

Mo needs to step up and get him outta here. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I thought the whole reason we signed Maddux to be this teams pitching coach was so he could manage the bullpen himself, was it not? 

Mike Matheny is a f(;()$ing d$)&&$$. How many seasons are we going to play with a 21-22 man roster? I really Like this roster, I think It’s a 93-94 win team but with MM they’re probably a 89-91 win team. 

Mo needs to step up and get him outta here. 

I can't "like" this enough. Talent everywhere, except our manager.