The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Tommy Pham (head) told Cardinals manager Mike Matheny late Wednesday that he thinks he can play Thursday.

Pham suffered a laceration on his forehead Wednesday when his bat snapped off a resistance band while he was in the indoor batting cage getting ready for his second plate appearance of the night. He told reporters that "blood started gushing down" from his head and covered his "whole jersey," but the 30-year-old outfielder passed an initial round of concussion tests and apparently escaped the frightening incident with nothing more than a big welt. "Let’s see how many ladies still like me," he said. "I’m not happy about it."

17 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Good thing we tried out that Matt Adams experiment over Pham to start last season

Yes and no.  Pham had a TERRIBLE spring last year.  I understood having him start the year in AAA.  He should have been called up sooner, though.  

33 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

Yes and no.  Pham had a TERRIBLE spring last year.  I understood having him start the year in AAA.  He should have been called up sooner, though.  

He was BY FAR the best fielding OF in the organization, and it wasnt like Adams & Co were raking at any point. He should have been on the Opening Day roster, if not an Opening Day starter

20 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Big comeback win last night after offense did nothing against James Shields. We needed that win after the disappointing series in Pit...

@TitansFan4Life still think Mikolas sucks? Been pretty consistent this year so far. One of our better options...

Other than the offense, last night showed some pretty encouraging signs. The pen looked good. 

Impressive display by Carlos Martinez today.  Really good outing on the mound, and his first ML homer.  Thought he was going to win the game all by himself for a minute there.

Also, interesting to see Carpenter and Fowler hit their 100th homer on back-to-back days.

17 hours ago, tttmikeb said:

Impressive display by Carlos Martinez today.  Really good outing on the mound, and his first ML homer.  Thought he was going to win the game all by himself for a minute there.

Also, interesting to see Carpenter and Fowler hit their 100th homer on back-to-back days.

Ironic that they're both hitting in the .100's too?