The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

21 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Will it be Brebbia or Tyler Webb for final BP spot.

I've admittedly not watch much this Spring, but I hope it's Brebbia. I'm not sure how Webb has looked and it would be dangerous to only carry 1 lefty, but I think Brebbia can be a very solid reliever. 

On 3/22/2019 at 2:36 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I've admittedly not watch much this Spring, but I hope it's Brebbia. I'm not sure how Webb has looked and it would be dangerous to only carry 1 lefty, but I think Brebbia can be a very solid reliever. 

Brebbia made it. Looks like Gyorko will start year on injured list too...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Thats what I was getting at. And while Flaherty isnt a shocker in the Rotation, being the #2 is quite surprising at this point.

Agreed. Most outlets had Flaherty pegged as a #3 starter with potential to develop into a solid #2 if all things went right...

Now, he's looked at as one of the up and coming number 1 types in all of baseball with potential to be a staff ace...

Edited by kgarrett12486

Could Montero be the first guy brought up if we have an injury? I know he's not on the 40 man, but our backup INF are looking fairly shakey. I don't want any part of Robinson or Munoz starting every day. I guess we still have Gyorko coming back. But they were aggressive moving him to AAA, so maybe he gets a look in September. @holt_bruce81 you're right, Memphis definitely has some hitters. 

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Could Montero be the first guy brought up if we have an injury? I know he's not on the 40 man, but our backup INF are looking fairly shakey. I don't want any part of Robinson or Munoz starting every day. I guess we still have Gyorko coming back. But they were aggressive moving him to AAA, so maybe he gets a look in September. @holt_bruce81 you're right, Memphis definitely has some hitters. 

My guess is someone gets added to the 40-man once Brett Cecil gets moved to the 60-Day IL. And it's someone like Tommy Edman or Dylan Carlson (Hope it's not a pitcher, but if it was, I'd probably take Evan Kruczynski LHP). I don't really see Montero getting added. But who knows, no one thought they'd make that move with Sierra a few years ago. 

And I wouldn't put to much stock in Montero playing for Memphis last night. That wasn't their official roster. Thinking he starts the year in either Palm Beach (High-A) or Springfield....which would be fun. Would love to see a lineup of Montero and Carlson. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

My guess is someone gets added to the 40-man once Brett Cecil gets moved to the 60-Day IL. And it's someone like Tommy Edman or Dylan Carlson (Hope it's not a pitcher, but if it was, I'd probably take Evan Kruczynski LHP). I don't really see Montero getting added. But who knows, no one thought they'd make that move with Sierra a few years ago. 

And I wouldn't put to much stock in Montero playing for Memphis last night. That wasn't their official roster. Thinking he starts the year in either Palm Beach (High-A) or Springfield....which would be fun. Would love to see a lineup of Montero and Carlson. 

Do you know when the final rosters will be made available?